View Single Post
Old 11-29-2015, 01:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
On an IO engine, I like to see EGT's in the low 1200's for takeoff and initial climb. When I pull back to 5 squared for prolonged climb, I lean to the low 1300's.
That's on your IO engine. If you had mounted the EGT sensors a quarter-inch further down the pipe, you'd be expecting EGTs in the low 1100's for takeoff and initial climb.

Absolute values don't matter, only matters whether they're increasing or decreasing as you lean out.

Quote:
While it is fairly normal to see higher CHT's during break-in, it is still good to try to keep them lower as I mentioned above.
Heat is the enemy of the break-in. If CHTs are high (and 432 degF on climb-out is pretty high) you might have a problem.

Do you have any baffle leaks? What's your fuel flow at full power? (and what's your density altitude?) Does the mixture lever on the engine go all the way to full rich when the knob in the cockpit is pushed all the way in? Have you made sure you don't have too much timing advance?

You're in the 360's, so it isn't unsafe in cruise, in the sense that it's below the redline. But it could be cooler, especially given your low power setting: What would you be expecting if you were at 75% or more?

What happened at 00:36? Looks like all four CHTs started trending down at approximately the same time as a brief spike in EGT.

- mark