View Single Post
Old 11-27-2015, 12:49 PM
Moderator, Asst. Line Boy

Default CHAPTER 4 ? The Voyage to AircraftWraps

CHAPTER 4 – The Voyage to AircraftWraps

Sunday was important. I had to fly N260KM from Petit Jean to AircraftWraps’ home at F45 North Palm Beach County airport, about 60 miles north of Miami. I needed to be there no later than 1400 Florida time to turn the airplane over to Scott Farnsworth, cover what business needed covering, then have time for him to drive me to W. Palm Beach for my airline ride back to Texas. This required a takeoff from Petit Jean no later than 0630L.

Bill Schlatterer and the entire Petit Jean crew are wonderful, for a variety of reasons. Vic La Roca was willing to pick me up at our cabin at 0530L Sunday morning and get me to my airplane. In the dark, Vic and I untied her, dug out and stowed the tie-downs, and pushed her up onto the taxiway. I cranked, taxied to the south end and let the oil temperature rise. Then, off I launched into the beautiful dawn Arkansas sky.

Sun rising over the Mississippi River

Needing to pee somewhere over Alabama.

The Gulf of Mexico’s in view. First gas/pee stop coming up shortly (just east of Tallahassee).

Had to duck under an overcast southeast of Orlando. First five hours were at 9500’, but the last hour was like this.

Handover complete. N260KM stayed with Scott for the next several weeks for her transformation.

Meanwhile, my bride Kelli flew back from Petit Jean to 52F with TJ and Sara Stack, wrapped in luxury in their RV-10.

Next: The transformation...

Sid "Scroll" Mayeux, Col, USAF (ret)
52F NW Regional/Aero Valley Airport, Roanoke TX (home of DR's Van Cave)
"KELLI GIRL" N260KM RV-7A tipper

Exemption waived.
Proud and grateful 2022 -=VAF=- Contributor

PS: I am not an influencer. I have no influence. Just ask my kids.

Last edited by scrollF4 : 11-30-2015 at 10:23 AM.