What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

8A nose tire recommendation

ERJDriver

Well Known Member
Notice I have a split in the side wall today. Anyone have any recommendations on what tire isn’t junk?

Tire

Sadly there do not seem to be any 4 inch tires that are not junk, you just have to take your chances, this past year I had to exchange the tire three times before I got one that would balance, then I now carry that as my spare when I go on a cross country, imagine being 200 miles from home, having a flat tire, and trying to get a tire to replace it.
For the tire on the plane I got a tire and rim from antisplat, he has a nice replacement rim, bearings and tire, the tire he can balance and then put the rim and tire into a tire machine and grind the tire until it is round.
I love capitalism until it has become so greedy that all the good companies have been sold to some foreign country and all they build and send us is ****.

RV6A
RV 6 regrettably sold
Waco UPF 7 really regrettably sold
Exempt but gladly donate annually because I can
Jim

Never had a tire go south on me. Tubes are usually the nemesis. Aeroclassic 4:00 has served me well over the past 4 yrs /500 hrs. They are relatively inexpensive, so keep a spare around.

I've seen a very nice quality tire on a Czech made airplane in Russia. Not Beringer but an excellent quality. Need to dig a source. Made in Europe I believe.

Current set up on it came from anti splat before I bought the bird, balanced, trued, sealed bearings. Still has some shimmy at 15 knots of so.

Is it necessary to go 8 ply or is 4 ply sufficient?

Current set up on it came from anti splat before I bought the bird, balanced, trued, sealed bearings. Still has some shimmy at 15 knots of so.

Is it necessary to go 8 ply or is 4 ply sufficient?

----If you are having a shimmy issue it isn't from the assemble as provided by ASA.
If you would like a bit of help, just give me a call and we will figure it out in short order.
Thanks, Allan--:D

Back