What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

K&N FAB O360 filter cross ref

Brian Denk

Well Known Member
It's time to replace the K&N filter in the FAB airbox. Too many bug strikes have actually torn into the mesh screen around the filter media. I couldn't find a useful part number on the filter itself, but cross referenced the dimensions on K&N's website: http://www.knfilters.com/search/product.aspx?Prod=E-9225

I think this is the one and I'll try to find one locally. I'd rather avoid shipping on an already spendy single item. We'll see what the local auto/airplane supply stores have. We have Pep Boys, Checker, Autozone and Napa mostly around here. Let me know if you've had any luck with these.

Thanks!

K&N filters

"I'd rather avoid shipping on an already spendy single item."

Not sure about this, but I think Van had a deal with K&N, where they made the special size filter for the FABs, so you may be able to buy them direct from K&N but I think you will have troble finding them locally.
Do what I do.
Just order more stuff that you will need later, to spread the cost of shipping out. You can always buy more stuff from Vans....
Welcome to the RV community.

Ouch! :confused:
At $38 for ordering online, I think Van's has the best deal for a replacement.
Stick with the recommended replacement part number! IMHO

Dan posted the Van's part number which is also the K&N number...E-3450. (Gee, why didn't I think of that? :confused: ) It can be found at Summit racing and probably others. Van's price is very good, it's just that shipping to New Mexico has always been rather slow, so, why spend for expedited shipping when I can find one at a local race shop? Well, we'll see how it goes. Weather is great and I only need an air filter. Egads. Gotta get this annual done so I can get back in the air!

Thanks, lads.

Yup. Called around, nobody has it. Even Summit Racing doesn't have them in stock. K&N makes so many different shapes and sizes it's no wonder no single store could stock them all. Thus, ordered from Van's and Fed Ex. Oh well, I had to try. :rolleyes:

Back