What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Picking a Paint Job

SmittysRV

Well Known Member
I'm ordering my engine and prop next month, which got me to thinking about the inevitable paint job that's not far away. I starting looking at my photos of RV's from various airshows and events over the past years. I didn't realize I had so many. So I put them in a video. Maybe you can spot one you like.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25AigQ-tDZ0

Last edited:
Paint

I have the scheme picked out for my 8!, now I look at every silver, grey and blue car and truck for the right color ( Ford has nice silvers and grey , Toyota blue ) . Getting close to paint .
Tom

I have the scheme picked out for my 8!, now I look at every silver, grey and blue car and truck for the right color ( Ford has nice silvers and grey , Toyota blue ) . Getting close to paint .
Tom

I did the exact thing, using car colors I liked. My plane is the paint shop now getting painted Corvette Velocity Yellow , White, and BMW Interlagos Blue.... I felt safer picking car colors I have seen and liked in real life, rather than colors that I thought I would like from a book.

sp93zs.jpg

2meu0sg.jpg

Trouble is Smitty, that your collection of favourite photos cover the whole spectrum of options. :D Do you prefer colourful stripes, or military markings?

Back