View Single Post
Old 01-03-2014, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubedRoot View Post
I hate to resurrect this thread, but I am in the process of getting my Wordpress build log setup, and was looking for the plugin that Josh mentions. It looks like the link he had is offline. Can anyone help me find the plugin?
For some reason my site stopped displaying hours in the posts so I worked on it this weekend. I did notice that the http://www.coffee2code.com site is down , don't know if that's why their plug in stopped working or not. Anyway, I messed around with it until I got this to work:

Instead of using the c2c_get_custom call, I inserted:
<?php echo "Hours spent on this task: " ?>
<?php echo get_post_meta($post->ID,'labor_hours_spent',true) ?>

after the
<?php while ( have_posts() ) : the_post(); ?>
line. labor_hours_spent is the name of my custom data.

You have to put it in both the index.php (on my new theme I think it's called page.php) and the single.php file just as Joshua explained above. If you're not a software geek, don't worry, I'm not either. This sounds harder than it is. Just follow the instructions Joshua gave above and copy-paste.

I believe the rest of the plugins Joshua listed on his page are still online... but I didnt check so I may be wrong...

The category total plugin that Joshua modified works great.

Have I mentioned how much I hate software....
RV-14A #140026
Wings 70%. Emp 70%
Happy to be a 2020 =VAF= contributor

Last edited by KCBerner : 01-03-2014 at 09:33 PM. Reason: Clarified labor_hours_spent