What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Pics of planes with teeth

szicree

Well Known Member
I'm looking for pics of planes, particularly RV's, with toothy mouths painted on. I'm closing in on my final (I hope) paint scheme and it's gonna be the coolest RV EVER!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

Cool

Well of course its the P-40 Curtiss tomahawk/warhawk flown by the famous flying tigers.

P40-ftigers.jpg

The only RV I have seen with teeth was this RV-7A by a gent who install a ballistic parachute.

DSC00045.JPG

Good Luck

This plane belongs to Jim "Nomad" Lawrence, a member of this board based at Kennesaw, GA (KRYY)

vaeaa05tr6.jpg

It's even more beautiful in person!

One of the better looking "mouth with teeth" paint jobs is at the top of the KR page http://www.krnet.org/

He has commented that he is going to paint a picture of an RV hanging out of the mouth :)

Steve Eberhart
RV-7A, Finish kit arrived yesterday :)

Why Shark Teeth

I have been told that the reason for teeth and eyes on planes originally was to keep the birds and their excrement of the planes.

Hans

Vinyl shark teeth on a -7a?

Im looking to add shark mouth and teeth to the lower cowl on a RV7-a. Like to do this with quality vinyl press and stick instead of paint so it is less permanent. Anyone know of any US shops with vinyl experience doing this on a -6a or -7a? lower cowl. I can apply. Want to keep it simple not too obnoxiously big .

Not sure how to upload a picture here without a big effort. Here is my drop box photo.
12zp.jpg

Last edited:
Back