What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

New Product - RV-10 Wheel Pant Tire Pressure Ports

Zac@AerosportProducts

Well Known Member
Aerosport Products is proud to announce our newest product for the RV-10! We have developed parts based off a 3D laser scan of the RV-10 wheel pants to provide easy access to check and adjust tire pressure. These wheel pant tire pressure ports are made of PA12 Nylon material and can be easily painted to match your wheel pant paint scheme. The will come in black as shown in the picture. Each kit will include 2 ports, 2 plugs and 1 key. The keys at production will also have a hole in them so that they can be used on a key chain. We will offer customization on the key for an extra $35. This can be your N-number or a 2-D logo that can be easily added in the CAD.
We will be ready to ship these items the week of February 5th. The price for the set will be $145 as pictured.

The link below will give you more info on how we are producing them on our new HP Multi-Jet Fusion 3D Printer.
http://aerosportmodeling.com/hp-jet-fusion-3d-printing/

Feel free to reach out with any questions that you may have. Orders will be taken by phone or email until we can get them added to our website.
[email protected]

If I was going to install an access door to the stem, I would want it big enough to remove the cap with my fingers.

Looks very nice though........ Value......:(

Perhaps one product improvement could be to make one of the three corners of the 'key' to be correct for use as a gas cap lever?

Or, just print it as a door frame & door with hinges & latch, in one operation, so the cap won't get dropped, lost, etc.

Can the material be bonded with the adhesives typically used with composites?

Perhaps the next iteration will have the cap be recessed so that it's flush. And maybe use a quarter for the tool so that a special one isn't necessary.

Dave

Back