What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

OSH Forums

vic syracuse

Well Known Member
Advertiser
Mentor
I assume some of you have noticed the Forums schedule has been posted for OSH. I will be giving a couple of them this year, one on Builder Errors and one on Pre-buys of Amateur-Built aircraft. I hope to meet some of you there. I say some of you because only because there isn't room for ALL of you. :)

Fly safe!

Vic

On Thursday I will host a forum on ignition timing and ignition monitoring with the EICommander.

Even if you don't have P-mags and/or an EIC, it is worth attending because most of the discussion is about ignition timing basics.

Elec Ignition Monitoring & Mgmt
Thursday, July 28 - Thursday, July 28
1:00 PM - 2:15 PM
Presenter: William Repucci

http://www.eaa.org/airventure/event...ing__Mgmt?id=D0082504911A444FA40E196238CA2F8E

Last edited:
Since Vic was nice enough to start this thread, I guess I'll add mine here, are thr than clutter up things with a new one!

I'll be talking on "Flight Test 101" - a rationale approach to flight test risks - on Monday @ 1430 in the Homebuilder's Hangar, and "Lessons from Mission Control" - how we can build and fly better - at 1430 on Thursday in the Aeroplane Workshop.

Hope to see folks there or wandering around the grounds.

Paul

On Thursday I will host a forum on ignition timing and ignition monitoring with the EICommander.

Even if you don't have P-mags and/or an EIC, it is worth attending because most of the discussion is about ignition timing basics.

http://www.eaa.org/airventure/event...ing__Mgmt?id=D0082504911A444FA40E196238CA2F8E

I would really like to attend this forum (and others), but my current plan is to depart OSH on Wednesday. Does anyone know whether or not the Forum presentation materials are posted/archived for later viewing?

I would really like to attend this forum (and others), but my current plan is to depart OSH on Wednesday. Does anyone know whether or not the Forum presentation materials are posted/archived for later viewing?

We can get together on Tuesday night at our camper and I can give you and anyone else the presentation.

I'm bringing our device that can spin two P-mags and display the EIC so you can see what impact timing has on the ignitions.

Teen Build Programs in Review - Richard VanGrunsven

Teen Build Programs in Review
Panel Discussion - Homebuilders Hangar - Friday 10:00-11:15
Presenter - Jerry Graff
Moderator - Richard VanGrunsven

Programs involving teens building aircraft have become very popular in the U.S and abroad and there are a number of organizations, TeenFlight, AviationNation, Aviation by Design, and Eagle's Nest Projects to name a few, that provide similar but differing implementations. Which program is right for your community? There's no "one size fits all" but this moderated panel discussion with most of the program providers will certainly provide answers and guidance you can use in your decision process.

This will be the biggest year ever for teen built aircraft; 10-15 aircraft on display. Eagle's Nest Projects will have seven! Please come by the teen-built aircraft display (next to Homebuilders Hangar) and visit with some of the build-students... you'll be impressed!

EAA Forum Listing >> HERE

OSH_2016_VAFx_zpsnja7tsdb.jpg

Last edited:
Same with me

We can get together on Tuesday night at our camper and I can give you and anyone else the presentation.

I'm bringing our device that can spin two P-mags and display the EIC so you can see what impact timing has on the ignitions.

I have to leave Thursday AM so if you have an informal brief Tuesday I would love to attend.

I will be in HBC but will keep an eye on this thread for PM if you get one scheduled.

Cheers

Sounds great. I will plan on it. Please provide your coordinates so we can find you.

Thanks,

I have to leave Thursday AM so if you have an informal brief Tuesday I would love to attend.

I will be in HBC but will keep an eye on this thread for PM if you get one scheduled.

Cheers

Sounds great. I will plan on it. Please provide your coordinates so we can find you.

Thanks,

Let's plan on Tuesday evening, starting at 7PM. I'll have beer and will post our location, after getting set up in Camp Scholler.

Adding a few more......

The Van's Aircraft Forums are as follows -

Tricks to Quick Build a RV airplane
Tuesday, July 26
2:30 PM - 3:45 PM
Presenter: Wally Anderson

Van's RV Maintenance / Inspection
Wednesday, July 27
10:00 AM - 11:15 AM
Presenter - Yours truly

Build your own Van's RV12
Wednesday, July 27
Presenter: Wally Anderson

Which RV is Right for You?
Presenter ???

Others that may be of interest (that haven't yet been mentioned)......

RV Aircraft Fiberglass
11:30 AM - 12:45 PM
Presenter: Sam James

RV Aircraft Fiberglass
Saturday, July 30 - Saturday, July 30
11:30 AM - 12:45 PM
Presenter: Sam James

RV Aerobatics
Wednesday, July 27 - Wednesday, July 27
Presenter: Ron Schreck

Surviving a RV-10 Crash
Friday, July 29 - Friday, July 29
2:30 PM - 3:45 PM
Presenter: Jeremiah Jackson

Transcontinental RV-6A Speed Record
Saturday, July 30 - Saturday, July 30
Presenter: Jeremiah Jackson

So Where Is My Flying Car?
4:00 PM - 5:15 PM
Presenter: Palmer Stiles

Just kidding on the last one....

One thought, Tuesday is Van's dinner. (We don't go anymore because my wife and son are vegetarians and as good as their dinners are, they don't work so good for us.)

Will 7 PM work or should we go a little later?

Sheet Metal Workshop

And if any of you experienced builders would like to share you skills, the Sheet Metal workshop, on the south end of the Forums Plaza, could always use helpers, teaching dimpling, countersinking and riveting.

If you wish to do so for the first time, you'll have to "sign up" and take an orientation course with Workshop HQ.

Hint: Proceed carefully. Don't do anything to disturb the "powers that be"
Haven't checked this year, but in years past there has been a "cult of personality" evident.

Good for me

One thought, Tuesday is Van's dinner. (We don't go anymore because my wife and son are vegetarians and as good as their dinners are, they don't work so good for us.)

Will 7 PM work or should we go a little later?

I am skipping the BBQ so it works for me

I will plan on being there a 7 pm, I am one of those still hoping for a 6 cyl P-Mag. I also am a vegetarian and have a hard time paying to go hungry at the vans dinner.

Back