What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Unbelievable!!

Don Patrick

Well Known Member
Finally...

After a week of fighting the flu, I managed to get to the airport and strapped on my RV-8.

I can't say that I wasn't nervous..I sure was, but once the power was poured on, all trepidation left and it was down to business.

What an amazing feeling....Incredible!!!

The only issues I had was a heavy right wing, a D180 that screamed stall at me the entire flight (my programming mistake) and a MP issue that I have to resolve.

There are so many I have to thank. My family, you're the best! Manny Rosario and the boys at Enterprise Air...your ACES!. Rob Baldasaro, thanks for the paint work!. Simon Hitcheon, thanks for my RV checkout and the support!! All the others from this site for the help and guidance, much thanks!

For those of you still building...keep moving forward every day...These are amazing aircraft!!

206l88w.jpg

1zm06ky.jpg

It wasn't a perfect weather day, but the end result..PRICELESS!!

Congratulations, Don!

While you say you've spent a week fighting the flu (yuck!) the reality is our weather has also been tremendously yucky. Glad you found a good day to slip the surly bonds in your new machine. What an incredible feeling!

Fantastic Don !

Congratulations ! Hope to see you up at CYRP when you have flown off your phase 1

Chris

I never heard of anyone strapping on a GLOV, must be something new, teenage slang!!!
Congrats on your flight.

Flying

Awesome!!!! Looking forward to hearing more. Got final inspection next week so I?ll be flying in 2 months waiting for paperwork I?m sure.

Congrats!!!

You sure chose the best Vans design ever and conventional u/c, smart move:)
Enjoy the ride, the 8 (& the 4 of course) are the only designs that you strap on and fly becoming one wth the airframe!:)

Congratulations, Don! You are going to love flying that -8. I sure did for the 13 years I flew mine.

Make sure you make a trip to Carp this year (CYRP) in it so we can drool over it
:D

Back