What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

controll grips

Which fits your hand better? I like my Infinities, I like my Tostens….I really like working with Kevin at Tosten because he can customize things for you with enthusiasm, whereas the Infinity guy can be a little bit of the “Soup Nazi” type if you ask for changes….

Kevin keeps innovating, while the Infinity grips are the same now as they were twenty years ago.

I know you didn’t ask :p
But pioneer is worth a look again as well if you hadn’t considered.
Skylor has started it up again and is super keen and helpful.
I’m very happy with mine. It’s a fair bit chunkier than the Tosten (original version not the military one) that I had in my RV7.
The PCG fits my hand really nicely but I’ve never really considered them side by side so hard to be definitive. I don’t have big hands.
Cheers

Last edited:
Richard, would you happen to have a picture of your Pioneer grips in your plane? If so, I'd sure appreciate having a look.

Thanks!

I've always liked the Infinity grips and have put them in both of my RVs over the years. Paul is right about the owner (he's a bit of a "quirky" character - avoid any political discussions and you should be OK), but the grips are worth an awkward phone call.

infinity controll grips

Thanks guys---well I had the conversation with JD and found him both entertaining and really helpful. He was a top gun instructor so shouldn't be a surprise he is not a type B personality! Anyways overall experience with him was good

I fitted the Infinity grips in my RV9A and to be honest I love them and think they are great Value for Money. I understand the Tosten ones are highly regards but a bit pricier.

Another vote for the Tosten military. I originally planned on the Infinity, however I wanted to use a small molex connector to be able to remove the co pilot stick and the infinity wire bundle was huge compared to the Tosten because Infinity mandated the use of a separate ground for each switch and would not budge on that requirement, which I thought was total overkill, as did Tosten, who are happy to ship their grip wired for only one ground.
Tom.
RV-7

Richard, would you happen to have a picture of your Pioneer grips in your plane? If so, I'd sure appreciate having a look.

Thanks!

Not Richard's plane, but I just swapped out my Infinity grips for the new Pioneer 3D printed version .. I found that the Infinity ones didn't fit my hands well and were a bit awkward to use to trim the plane during a go-around when the forward stick forces are high.

The Pioneer grips fit my hands better, and I like the sharkskin like surface of the 3D printed version. The trim hat is a high quality Otto unit with a great thumb feel. Left handed version shown.

Attachments

• IMG_0907.jpg
    IMG_0907.jpg
    509.5 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_0906.jpg
    IMG_0906.jpg
    458 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
Back