What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV's as animal transports

rv7boy

Forum Peruser
RV's make great transport vehicles for transporting rescued dogs and cats. At the present time, there are over four MILLION dogs euthanized in this country every year. And there are many people who would like to adopt a big percentage of these dogs IF the rescuers had a way to get them to the prospective owners. Airplanes in general and RV's to a greater extent do an excellent job of transporting them quickly and with less stress to the animal when compared with cars and vans. RV's can cover so much more ground than a 172.

There is a big effort coming up on the weekend of September 18-19 to transport a large number of dogs and cats out of the New Orleans area because of the large number of people there who have lost their homes and thus have left their pets behind. If you have a flying RV and would like to help our little furry friends, just visit www.pilotsnpaws.org or contact me by PM.

Remember, even if you only fly one dog, that's one dog's life you have saved.

Last edited:
Gulf Coast Rescue Flyway

Just a reminder about the need for pilots willing to fly rescued dogs and cats out of the New Orleans area this coming weekend. If you're interested go to this link.

Pilots and Paws

Don, the New Orleans, La. to Mariana, Fla. rescue was my second trip as a Pilots and Paws member. I carried a litter of 5 puppies in my RV-6 and could have carried a few more if necessary. By removing the co-pilot seat I was able to carry one medium and two small dog crates. The turn out at N.O. Lakefront was great and over 120 dogs were transported to various locations. Puppies travel well and all they want to do is play, but when I carry larger dogs I can actually feel the appreciation of the animals to be getting a new lease on life. All they want is someone to love and serve. Bob.

Rescue Thoughts

That's great, Bob. I hope to meet you sometime. I didn't get to attend the PnP FlyIn in South Carolina this year, but maybe next year.

Your thoughts about the larger dogs hit right at the heart of why I feel such satisfaction doing this.

As one of my dog rescuer friends states at the bottom of her email signature:

"To the world, you are just one person. To a rescued pet, you are the world."

Back