What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

430W to 650

rwayne

Well Known Member
I'm thinking of upgrading my 430W to a 650. I understand the plugs have to be re-pinned. Does the 650 use the same pin type as the 430 or will I have to cut the old pins off and replace with new ones for the 650 plugs?

I'm thinking of upgrading my 430W to a 650. I understand the plugs have to be re-pinned. Does the 650 use the same pin type as the 430 or will I have to cut the old pins off and replace with new ones for the 650 plugs?

To be honest, I don't remember what pins are used on the 430. I believe that all the pins on the 650 are the high density type or at least the pins I used.

The 430 has one high density connector and two standard density connectors. I don't know what the 650 has.

No need to "cut" the connectors off the 430. Just de-pin (after labeling) and re-pin for the 650 as needed.

The 430 has one high density connector and two standard density connectors. I don't know what the 650 has.

No need to "cut" the connectors off the 430. Just de-pin (after labeling) and re-pin for the 650 as needed.

Actually, the 430 has 2 high density connectors with pins (male) in the back shell with an optional third of the same kind, then one standard density female connector. I'm not sure what goes in the female connector, but I'm pretty sure it's the audio connector.

Back