View Single Post
Old 07-25-2018, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whd721 View Post
Your post closely mirrors my problems. My EGT#1 started with the Red X at startup. I replaced the EGT #1 sensor probe. No change, both sensors would come alive sometime before takeoff and then function normally throughout the flight. I am still living with this problem. I did check the EGT#1 leads and they do not touch the cowl. Since both sensors behave the same I assume they are not the problem. I guess I still have a grounding issue in the EGT#1 circuit.
Another thing to check is where the EGT wires "connect" to the EMS wires. That is a very common place to have a bad connection. The other place to check is where the EGT/EMS wire connects inside the SkyView DB plug. If there is a bad crimp, broken wire, or the pin has worked its way out, you will get the same error indication.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whd721 View Post
Then my ammeter started reading ~55 amps current flow, then would drift down to a normal reading, a few minutes later it would repeat…. Then finally, the Red X settled over the ammeter. I replaced the first ~8 inches of the #24 and #25 amp sensor leads. Still the Red X.

I called Dynon yesterday and received the suggestion to remove and clean the firewall to engine grounds wires. I did that today and the ammeter Red X disappeared.
It looks like you are on the right track on finally fixing the problem(s). Like I said before, troubleshooting wire connections are a b**ch to do. That is why I recommend you don't "nickel and dime" the wiring part of the installation. It will eventually come back to haunt you and troubleshooting these problems take time, lots of time.

2020 Donation made
www.PuertoRicoFlyer.com