What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Old skool - DJM style

DaAV8R

Well Known Member
I had been keeping my eye out for an old throttle quadrant. I knew what I wanted but didn't know where I would ever find it. I was looking for a quadrant with a tall lever and preferably wood knobs. Basically, a WWII style quadrant.

A couple of months back this front quadrant was advertised here on VAF and I snapped it up. I wasn't sure what it was, but I liked it. It looked like good quality and was exactly the style I wanted.

When received, I was surprised to see it was a DJM quadrant. I called Dayton and he asked me to send him a picture. He called and said it was one of the first 12 quadrants he made. He still has one of the first 12 in his box-o-stuff, along with some extra levers, knobs and parts. I asked him if he would be willing to make me a back seat quadrant with his extra old lever to match my front quadrant. He was game and like the first quadrants he produced, he shipped me a product that was first rate.

I would like to thank Dayton for his help. He is one of the good guys and I'm thrilled to have his product in my airplane. If you are needing a quadrant, don't overlook DJM.

IMG_2523_zpse160b7a2.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_2526_zps10918e6c.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_2528_zps343a5c90.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

3rd

I'll add on here too. He is a super person to deal with and just a true gentleman. I had him do something a little "out of the normal" on a quadrant, and he did! Just a super individual.

Back