What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

New FFI Wingman!

scard

Well Known Member
Advertiser
I haven't yet seen it reported here on VAF, so I'm here to say that we have a new FFI Wingman as of last weekend. WG-07 is now our very own Tanya Card, aka "Cookie"! I'm super proud of her. She didn't just earn it, but she is very good, so don't be surprised (pet peeve of mine) that she really is show quality. I have the avgas bills over the last couple of years to prove that it isn't free :).

It is a hoot to hear her talk about having to remember to back off and fly "training standards" like someone slapped a set of training wheels on the super bike that she is used to riding. I really did have to thumb-wrestle her for the airplane on the ramp for a flyover a few weeks ago, and lost. I've been consistently in the shop ever since, now that it is obvious that I'm going to need an airplane to fly.

Side note, somehow, (not so) mysteriously, we ended up with sequential wingman numbers. Falcon operates in evil ways sometimes.

Scoot

Tanya, you did indeed earn you card and a hearty welcome to the club.
A great friend of mine and mentor often repeated "formation flying is a highly perishable
skill".
CONGRATULATIONS

Congrats, sounds like the credit card bills are not over yet. :)

Any pics of the girl in action?

Congratulations! The first RV Lady with the card? :D

Vlad,
She can do it in a 9A though! Superior pilot all the way around :). Most have no concept of the difference of the roll forces (and drag) in effect with a -9 in the airshow routine. Many others are just cheating :).

Back