These are some others.
- Coordination with tower or other airspace requiring communications.
- Clearing the area for the flight.
- Ckecking for any leaks (fuel, oil, etc) or smoke.
- Airspeed comparizon.
- Coordination with ground/air facilities in case of emergencies.
- SAR coordinations.
- An important one; some one to hold your buddy to his/her plan. NOGOs
That being said. The chase should never be in the way of the aircraft conducting it's first flight. That test pilot has way too many things going on.
RV-4 fastback thread and Pics
Instagram @ LetMeFlyIt
VAF 2022 paid VAF 704
The information that I post is just that; information and my own personal experiences. You need to weigh out the pros and cons and make up your own mind/decisions. The pictures posted may not show the final stage or configuration. Build at your own risk. Further more, these are my opinions and not those of Van's Aircraft.