What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-10 First Flight

N427EF

Well Known Member
Today was an incredibly great day for the first flight of my RV-10.
Deep blue sky, calm winds, balmy 70 degrees and best of all family and friends attending with full support.
William Black who is the local RV Guru offered to fly chase in his Harmon Rocket. The flight was uneventful (the way I wanted it) but still a very exciting event. All systems functioned as expected and the plane flew hands off. Temperatures were somewhat low with CHT's running around 300F and oil
temps around 175F at 2500 RPMs and 24inches of manifold pressure.
I received a lot of help from aviation enthusiats everywhere but best of all was a chance to fly Jae Chang's RV-10 just a couple of days ago.
Thank you all.

IMG_2131.JPG

IMG_2128.JPG

IMG_2180.JPG

IMG_2184.JPG

N507EF.jpg

What is that?

Very nice. I just hate seeing all the finished ones when I haven't even started! ;)

Now for the big question...
WHAT IS THAT LAST PIC?? Are those cookies or something? I was thinking cake with picture printed on it but it looks like a cookie! If so enjoy you're cookies and airplane!

Yes, Cookies

Thank you.
A while back there was someone posting first flight pictures and
he had napkins with his tail number printed on it.
Couldn't let him get away with that.
Being a Pastry chef/baker I wanted to out do him with an edible N number image print on a cookie.
More pictures to follow, just winding down now after a very exciting day.

Great job Ernst! Please keep us posted on your future flights. Aside from the first flight, do you have any favorite memories from the saga?

Congrats!

With all these first flights this week, it helps to motivate me to go out the hangar in the cold and get mine finished!

bob

Congratulations!!!

It is a great feeling and accomplishment. Stop by PMH for lunch and visit when you head East.

Fifth flight yesterday. Does this performance ever get boring or feel sluggish like the 172?

On our 5000' runway I am off in 500', pitch for 105 kts, and by the time I look down past the rear of the left flap and see the numbers I am at pattern altitude. I push the nose down to level off as I enter crosswind and "Betty" in the G496 starts telling me "Terrain, pull up". You think maybe she is not used to this performance either?

Take care and be safe.

Congratulations Ernst and to the whole family! You will undoubtedly have one of the nicest and most comfortable -10's out there!

After 40 hours of phase 1, doing nothing but exhaustive flight testing, i was wiped out and more than happy to let someone else fly my plane! :D

I just want one of those cookies in return! :D

Looking forward to flying together! I hear we can save 3 to 5% in fuel by flying in formation together! :D
Jae

Congratulations! Nice paint job too! Hands off 1st flight? I'm impressed. Worth every hour of building. Happy testing!!!!

Back