What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Dynon and Seattle Avionics Black Friday Sale!

Dynon

Well Known Member
Advertiser
When Dynon Avionics partnered with Seattle Avionics to provide geo-referenced approach charts and airport diagrams on SkyView, we set a new bar for affordable data at $99 a year in the USA.

Even at that incredible price, we know all pilots enjoy a deal, and we're here to give it to you. This year, Seattle Avionics is running a "Black Friday" special on data, including Dynon Avionics USA subscriptions.

To get the deal, follow Seattle Avionics on Twitter, and head to their website on Friday morning to get your subscription discounts! This deal can be used for new subscriptions or used to extend current subscriptions.

On top of this, Dynon is happy to announce that the next major release of SkyView software will include support for Sectionals, IFR Hi and IFR Lo charts. Even better, this data is already included in your Seattle Avionics subscription at no additional cost! It will be a few months before our software is ready, but you can be confident that there won't be any additional databases to purchase.

For those pilots in Europe, we know you need data too. We've got some exciting news coming for you next week, so stay tuned.

Now go burn some AvGas with those savings!

Eventually, but they are one of the more difficult countries to deal with and get licenses for. You should contact Seattle Avionics and let them know you would be a customer if they had data for Australia.

Dynon support

Hello Support

What about Canada...We're just a few miles north you know..;)

Thanks

Bruno

We would LOVE to support Canada.

The issue is that Nav Canada wants six figures a year from Dynon before we can sell our first subscription. There is just no way we can justify that amount with our market size. If every single experimental plane in Canada bought the data, that would be $100+ a year per airplane!

We continue to try, but until Nav Canada changes their license requirements, there is just nothing we can do.

Nav Canada

Hello Support

Yeah, I feel your pain...I have to deal with them on a yearly basis..

Nav Canada....Another left over from a defunt Crown Corporation

A Non for Profit organisation....:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Imagine the cost if they were looking at making a profit...

Maybe some day, someone will wake up....I can dream can't I

Thanks anyway

Bruno

2020 Black Friday - What to expect?

Wondering if we are going to see some good discount prices for avionics during this upcoming Black Friday.... :confused:

After Seattle Avionics recently changed hands - I notice that today we still don't have the new data out for their users, 48 hours before it is effective. In the past they have normally been 5-7 days prior to the effective date.

I'm hoping this is a one-off glitch and the new owners are not "dumping" all the previous subscriptions - I suppose we'll all know in a couple days.

After Seattle Avionics recently changed hands - I notice that today we still don't have the new data out for their users, 48 hours before it is effective. In the past they have normally been 5-7 days prior to the effective date.

I'm hoping this is a one-off glitch and the new owners are not "dumping" all the previous subscriptions - I suppose we'll all know in a couple days.

From Seattle Avionics web site:
The ChartData that goes live this Thursday is planned to be released this Tuesday. The delay is due to work required for an additional FAA certification that Seattle Avionics is applying for and training new staff.

We’re sorry for this one-time delay but the result will be even better data quality and expanded coverage areas coming soon. We do not expect any delays after this cycle.

Just tried the Twitter - SA website approach and found only the regular $99 annual data price. Do we need to do something else or look somewhere else ? Or is $99 all that’s available ??

A few years ago, there was a Black Friday sale for a one-time payment for a lifetime subscription on FlyQ for geo-referenced plates, VFR, and IFR. I jumped on it.

FlyQ has a few quirks, good and bad. Foreflight is a bit more intuitive, especially for flight planning and filing, but the overall quality of graphics, details, information is about the same.

If they do the lifetime thing again, it's a great deal!

Keep checking daily, and please post if a sale shows up. A few years ago I got the Dynon lifetime charts. If I remember right, the sale only lasted a few days, and for a limited number of users. Was thanksgiving weekend.

When I bought my lifetime subscription, I heard about it through a direct email. Since AOPA and FlyQ are kind of partners (FlyQ is the "official" EFB for AOPA), I think AOPA either send the notice about the sale or Seattle Avionics used their email list.

Wrong year

Haven’t heard of a Black Friday sale for Dynon or Seattle for this year. Just looked at the start of this thread and noticed it was BACK IN 2013. My post above looking for it a few weeks ago was obviously a DUH moment.

They announced "Green Friday" deals the other day.

*Monthly Subscriptions: Three month minimum. Initial payment of 3-months, then monthly payments.
**Lifetime Subscriptions: First 125 buyers. Cannot be sold, bartered, or transferred. FAA fee increases may result in an additional surcharge.

Perhaps more deals will be offered before Friday.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-11-25 at 6.15.14 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-11-25 at 6.15.14 PM.png
    205.8 KB · Views: 83
They announced "Green Friday" deals the other day.

*Monthly Subscriptions: Three month minimum. Initial payment of 3-months, then monthly payments.
**Lifetime Subscriptions: First 125 buyers. Cannot be sold, bartered, or transferred. FAA fee increases may result in an additional surcharge.

Perhaps more deals will be offered before Friday.

I saw that on twitter, but no link to the deals. Do you know how to access them. Do you know if they have any deals on Dynon Subscriptions?

Back