What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Update to the Project

N890GF

Yesterday was a huge step for my RV-7 journey! I took delivery of both my QB fuse and wings! I have a write up on my blog, www.n890gf.com, but i thought id share here as well. I haven't had time to go through all the pieces and parts, but i think the first thing i need to do is make a Wing Stand. If anyone has any tips or can point me in the right direction, that would be awesome.

I have felt a little bored since completing my empennage and now i can feel the excitement all over again, except on a much larger scale! I know its not the same as building the slow build, but with my schedule and current life obligations, I don't think there is anyway I would have been able to get a slow build -7 complete in a reasonable amount of time. The QB option is worth every extra penny spent.

And with Vans AirForce support I have had nearly every question answered for me, I am very appreciative of this community!

-G

awesome, Thanks Larry for the response, I haven't had time to open up anything yet, work has kept my swamped, but hopefully this weekend I'll get things set up and organized.

Try the classifieds, a lot of folks just give them away, I know I will be donating mine to someone when I'm done.......when....some day....

I wish you were closer, George. I've got a stand just gathering dust in my hangar, but South Orange County is a bit of a drive...

Those QB assemblies come in HUGE boxes, don't they? And you will fill up about four garbage cans with all the wrapping paper. I saved some of it, as it comes in handy for masking when painting the interior.

I'm glad you're so re-enthused! I felt the same when when that big 18-wheeler pulled up. :D:D

Last edited:
Nice! there's a couple years head start right there! next... ( CLEAR PROP! )

Yah Doug it was a tricky setup for me, I actually rented a uhaul and grabbed the crates from ABF. They did an awesome job loading it up for me. I'm gonna have my shop organized and cleaned again tonight hopefully.

Ya Bret the time savings of the QB is totally worth it. As much as my engineering brain loves building, the whole point of the build (for me at least) is to get it into the air. The sooner the better!

Back