What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

GRT HX Instruction MSP Vicinity

TTM4

Looking for someone to help me learn my dual GRT HX system. The manual is just too thick and I am a "hands-on" learner! It's an incredibly capable box but I've only barely scratched the surface of its power and functionality.

I am located in the MSP/STP Twin Cities area but work in the ATL area. My plane is up north. Let me know what you charge/hr.
Thanks,
Tom

Dual GRT HX

Tom,
I have 5 years and 650 hours of experience with a dual GRT HX setup and love it. It is really too bad that we are so far apart because I would enjoy helping you out.

I am in SW'ern Ontario Canada, some 560nm east of you at Waterloo regional airport CYKF so it might be difficult to get together.

May I ask what you have tied in with the EFIS' ie an A/P, GPS (one or two) and if so which ones? Do you plan on long cross country trips, IFR or VFR?

Ivan.

Since you are a hands on guy, let me suggest tht you put your battery on a charger, and spend 5 hours sitting in the cockpit pushing buttons. After that you'll have a better idea of what to ask. You won't hurt anything.

I had to learn the dual HX system

when I was asked to ferry a very well equipped -8A from WV to FL. Fortunately, my hangar neighbor has a -7A with the same setup. He hooked up his power supply and gave me the "hands-on" tutorial for an hour or so. In addition, I downloaded the "quick-start" guide from GRT and carried it with me. Another big help were the videos on the GRT website.

Must have worked fairly well --- able to do the trip, including ILS in IMC to my fuel stop.

Ron

Back