What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Video: Cable, CA airshow 2012

Looking good A--Clown! Time for that WG check ride. Was that Rosey going up and out in the first formation?

Looking good A--Clown! Time for that WG check ride. Was that Rosey going up and out in the first formation?

Thanks. I am making progress. That was Rosie on the first pass. We did a missing man then joined with bravo flight for the rest of the show. #3 became #4 and vice versa after the missing man. Made it much easier (safer) for the rejoins.

Interesting

That was Rosie pulling up and falling back in trail later - can't mistake that paint job. I see you flying west (at least that is my sense of the situation) when you made the turn back was that the gravel pit by the 605 east of El Monte? It was interesting to see the visual illusion of a tapered wing on your RV-4. The prop distortion is something you have to live with I guess. How do you think that little yellow CO detetor is working out? I don't have much confidence in mine.

Bob Axsom

Last edited:
Sir,
that was the second time I flew with the CO detector. I don't know if it works or not. I can tell you that as I was on the ground for about 10 minutes waiting on our take off, I could see the numbers increase from 0 to 4. I opened all my vents and the number went back to Zero. I hope it works better than the piece of paper that changes colors.

Regarding the location. I don't know that area at all. I was at the intersection of "Aileron Hinge to Spinner Line" and "Little Opposite Elevator Behind The Rudder". :D

Looks great.
One problem, Scooter didn't get enough
screen time.:D

I saw you out there.

That was Rosie pulling up and falling back in trail later - can't mistake that paint job. I see you flying west (at least that is my sense of the situation) when you made the turn back was that the gravel pit by the 605 east of El Monte? It was interesting to see the visual illusion of a tapered wing on your RV-4. The prop distortion is something you have to live with I guess. How do you think that little yellow CO detetor is working out? I don't have much confidence in mine.

Bob Axsom

Rosie did the PULL as #3 missing man then rejoined as 4.

The gravel pit is just north of Cable Airport and is the aerobatic box.

Ah I see it now

Thanks Gary. For some reason I had Bracket in my mind (Where I landed a few times to to wait out below IFR minumums at El Monte) instead of Cable (where I have never landed). I went on Google Earth found, the gravel pit just north of the Cable Airport and reran the video to confirm.

Bob Axsom

Back