What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Two new ones in LA (Lower Alabama) today!

PaulR

Well Known Member
After 6 years and a little we both had our A/W inspections today and recieved our certificates. Tim Pethel (timandmeli) and I started at nearly the same time not even knowing each other. We became friends and build partners shortly thereafter and have been steady at it ever since, always egging each other on.

Mr. Vic Syracuse flew his beautiful 10 down from ATL this morning, braving the opressive heat, first to 33J to inspect my 9A then on to EDN to do the deed on Tim's 8A. I would HIGHLY recommend Vic as not only is he a great inspector, he's a real "first class" guy. I know that I've been pestering him for several months myself.

Now for a little transition training and the first flights of both.

N417PR

N417PR.jpg

N59TP

N59TP.jpg

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!! x2

Congratulations to the both of you:D

Congratulations to the both of you:D

Airworthiness Inspection

Hi all,
What a great feeling to get the a/w inspection behind me. To be honest I slept very little last night worrying about it. I cannot say what an inspiration it has been to have a build partner in Paul to urge me forward. At times I would be ahead of him and he would put the nose to the wheel to catch up and vice versa. Thank you Paul.
And thanks goes out to Mr. Vic Syracuse for a stress free inspection. Also as a plus, I got to ride in his beautiful RV-10. What a great machine.

Last edited:
Mike, I'm calling FOUL! I know I posted before you this time! I smell something rotten in the land of fake cheese.

Again, congrats to Tim *and* Paul :)

Pager

Mike, I'm calling FOUL! I know I posted before you this time! I smell something rotten in the land of fake cheese.

Again, congrats to Tim *and* Paul :)

I think Mike has a pager somehow hooked into VAF. It goes off anytime there is a post and he can be the first to welcome a newbie or congratulate on a first flight.:D

I think the only time someone has beat him to a post is when he left his pager in his VAF welcome apron and accidentally washed it, putting him out of commission for a short time:eek:

Congrats guys on getting the paperwork.

Congrats!!

I and three others stopped for fuel at 33J about 3:00 last Monday afternoon, on the way back to FL from our ID/MT/AZ trip. Borrowed a car from Buck and went to the Chinese restaurant. There were four RV-4's parked at the fuel pump for an hour or so. Sorry we missed seeing you.

Congrats to both...wish I could have seen both before I moved out of Enterprise. I'll be back though in a couple months and will hopefully be able to see both.

These guys did a great job on their planes, as have many of you before them. It's amazing how much easier the inspections of RV's are compared to other types of aircraft. I do think it is attributable to the vast amount of knowledge now available on sites such as this, as well as the camaraderie that exists in the RV Community!
I do feel bad for the guys who stress out over the inspection. It's really no big deal. Our job is just to put another set of unbiased eyes on the aircraft so that you have a safe one, as well as to make sure all of the paperwork is correct. :)
I don't envy those of you making first flights in this abominable heat!

Vic

Congrats!!

I and three others stopped for fuel at 33J about 3:00 last Monday afternoon, on the way back to FL from our ID/MT/AZ trip. Borrowed a car from Buck and went to the Chinese restaurant. There were four RV-4's parked at the fuel pump for an hour or so. Sorry we missed seeing you.

Chris,
Buck called me and I headed out to the airport but you were just driving out as I was driving in. Didn't block the road as I didn't want to seem un-friendly!!!

Sorry I missed you guys too, but they were sure 4 nice looking airplanes!!!!

My congrats to Paul and Tim as well! Seems alot of guys are finishing up lately!
Have fun and be safe.
Tom

Back