What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Breakfast at OBE, July 4th

woodmanrog

Well Known Member
We had a good turnout at Okeechobee yesterday for the RV crowd. 18 planes showed up. The Mooney in pictured here is why you should monitor your fuel "really carefully". The famous Sam James will be at OSH giving classes on fiberglas construction for RV's. Be sure to see his presentation.

1dzdsi.jpg

351eh4z.jpg

1ny4d4.jpg

20si1ax.jpg

8xkdw3.jpg

2uq2hqt.jpg

Last edited:
The white airplane with red and blue stripes and stars is an RV-4 fastback w/slider and short landing gear? Looks like a whole different airplane.

The white airplane with red and blue stripes and stars is an RV-4 fastback w/slider and short landing gear? Looks like a whole different airplane.

If you look closely you'll see that it is cleverly labeled an RV-4.5. You are looking at Mr. Sam James' airplane. Wheel pants are different, too.

Roger that

Dick's 8A is a beauty :D:D

Oh ok, so is yours.
You need to fly over to ZPH one Saturday or Sunday and join us for the weekly hanger summits

miss you guys but not the steamy florida heat!
img0790sh.jpg

spotted this rig @ nantucket. 71 degrees out there. not a RV photo.

img0254ak.jpg

any of these guys there? best to all.
img0864yb.jpg

VAF RULES!!!!!:cool:

Okeechobee Breakfast on the 4th

Turbo..... Yep, We were all there. Mike & Kathy, Lonn, Dave & Joyce and I brought my Cousin Mike as co-pilot (my bride slept in). Great flight over and back. Great breakfast and lots of cool RV's to look at.

We missed your smiling face at the breakfast table. Have fun up north. See you when you get back.

1ort3r.jpg

r1gajk.jpg

o8ij40.jpg

2ij3jt0.jpg

8A

I love the paint job on the 8A. Whose plane is that and where does it live? I would like to know who did the design work on that paint scheme.

8A

I love the paint job on the 8A in the 3rd pic of the initial post. Whose plane is that and where does it live? I would like to know who did the design work on that paint scheme.

the A model

Turbo,

I am loving the look of the A model.......which is a good thing since I have spent the last several years building one. That paint job is killer.

I only see one A model, between the two tw 8's.

Back