What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Father's Day Bucket List Flight

fl-mike

Well Known Member
Friend of my girlfriend asked it I would take her father for a flight for Father's Day. A flight in a small plane was on his bucket list. No problem! Arranged for one of our formation group (Tom) to fly photoship. Originally my girlfriend was supposed to take photos, but the daughter got brave at the last minute and rode shotgun in Tom's RV-8. Turns out dad was a WWII refuge, brought to the states from England via the Warner Brothers program (his dad worked for them) at age two. Returned to England in 1945 and eventually came to the US via Canada. Nice guy. Got some stick time too (after the knock-off!).

Here is dad over the coast and post flight:

1025684.jpg

1025724.jpg

and the daughter hamming it up. Yeah, that was rough duty...;)
1025661.jpg

1025664w.jpg

Notice the two pilots engrossed in the formation brief and (somewhat) oblivious to the pretty girl. Is that a man-code violation? Or, does formation discipline override?

nice job

It's great to be able to help a friend out. I think its the least we can do for the vets, elders. Building up the Karma bank.

Be safe!
Rich

OK i see the RV6 but where is the RV8????i keep looking at those pics and don't see one anywhere, but i definitly see the girl:D:D:D

Back