What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

4 legs... one day

[email protected]

Well Known Member
4 legs.. one day
This time going West, our seventh trip to Florida with the RV and the third for #Propdog!

13.5 hours this way, an hour more than going East in one day last year

A few shots with a path through the weather

wvxq8w.jpg

25u0jli.jpg

2dmh3d2.jpg

1z3rv51.jpg

Last edited:
Stephen,
Just wondering what does you IO390 TAS at.. What altitude.

What exactly were you points could not quite make them out.

what was your altitude over the rockies.

Also curious about fuel burn (LOP and/or ROP) and TAS at various engine rpm and/or altitudes, if you don't mind sharing. I haven't seen a 7 with the 390 engine so would love to learn these details.

Thanks!

Christo, you're a glutton for punishment! :)

But knowing you, you probably had a big grin on your face for all 13 hours. I don't think I've ever seen you when you weren't smiling... :D

These Vans RV's really are Magic Carpets..............

Hey!

Stephen,
Just wondering what does you IO390 TAS at.. What altitude.

What exactly were you points could not quite make them out.

what was your altitude over the rockies.

Also curious about fuel burn (LOP and/or ROP) and TAS at various engine rpm and/or altitudes, if you don't mind sharing. I haven't seen a 7 with the 390 engine so would love to learn these details.

Thanks!

Christo, you're a glutton for punishment! :)

But knowing you, you probably had a big grin on your face for all 13 hours. I don't think I've ever seen you when you weren't smiling... :D

These Vans RV's really are Magic Carpets..............

TAS varied based on fuel savings needed for the leg... I mostly target 170-177 kts LOP with flows from 8-9.5 gpm... above 6k

Flight was KSEF-KFYE-K81-KBYG-KAWO
K81 for lunch at the awesome We-B-Smokin'

Rockies are lower and the crossing is shorter the farther North that you go... pass Great Falls and you can cross in an hour as low as 8500, even lower if you weave a bit. Weather was good and we went mostly direct from Johnson County KBYG at 10500

HUNTER! Let's go flying!!! Hope to see you soon :)

Last edited:
You?re my hero.
I gave up my four leg a day journeys a while back as I was finding that I didn?t have the sharpness I needed to feel safe at the close of the day. We all have fatigue tolerance factors and some of us are just better equipped than others, especially as we age.
I have always been impressed with you and your machine. Even more so having watched you sprint away from the flock!
Miss ya brother......

PS- ya, I have never seen you with anything but an ear to ear grin. Life is good.

Back