What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Venice - Italy

lucaperazzolli

Well Known Member
Spending some hours of a rainy Sunday in looking some flying photos, I found these from a trip that I had with my wife Katia on August, 2015.

Ok, it's like a small hop but the view is always breath taking.

On a beautiful summer day we departed to south-east with our mountain scenery :

ve1.jpg

Leaving the Alps to the flat land in northern Italy is a 15 minutes RV-time :

ve2.jpg

Katia took a selfie with the mountains in the back :

ve3.jpg

Reaching the Venice Lagoon, Venice Radar gave us some vectors due to the Venice overflying restrictions :

ve4.jpg

A specific approach is needed to the old Airport 'Venice Lido', I'm pointing Porto di Malamocco - our gate :

ve5.jpg

On the left, Venice town :) :

ve6.jpg

ve7.jpg

On final to Venice Lido Airport :

ve8.jpg

Venice 'Nicelli' Airport : in 1926 this airport was inaugurated as the first civil airport in Italy, when Rome and Milan did not even have their own airfields. For two years Venice remained the first Italian airport throughout 1928 being surpassed by Littorio in Rome.

After spending a day in Venice we headed back home, mountains again ad a look in Trento historical downtown:

ve11.jpg

Last edited:
Neat pictures.

Do you have any of my favorite Italian city, Firenza?

Or of my mother's home town of Trieste?

Nice pictures!

I'm headed to Venice in a couple of weeks. Unfortunately, I'll be in a slightly bigger plane, operated by Air Berlin. it will be my first time there, and I'm really looking forward to it.

Venice Trip

Great pictures and lots of great memories from when we visited you guys. Venice sure is a beautiful place as is Italy.

Thanks for sharing these buddy. Tell everyone we said hi.

Cool Luke

Nice pictures!

I'm headed to Venice in a couple of weeks. Unfortunately, I'll be in a slightly bigger plane, operated by Air Berlin. it will be my first time there, and I'm really looking forward to it.

Cool!

Me, my wife and 8 months daughter will be in Venice 8-11 May as well and before that in Rome 5-8 May. It will be our 1st visit to Italy

Cool pictures, Luca!

I spent a couple of days wandering around Venice back when I was in and out of Trieste on a regular basis. What a fascinating place. I plan on taking the wife to Italy one day in the not too distant future.

Back