What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

G3X GSU 73 Message

Auburntsts

Well Known Member
Got this message on my non-touch G3X tonight: “AHRS IGRF data out of date”. Does anyone know what this means, and more importantly what I need to do about it?

What’s the ramifications if I don’t? I’m currently running 12.0 and I’m reluctant to update to 12.3 due to issues that others have had.

What’s the ramifications if I don’t? I’m currently running 12.0 and I’m reluctant to update to 12.3 due to issues that others have had.

What??? The only problem I have seen reported with G3X V12.30 was a self inflicted problem of someone trying to operate their system without first verifying that all devices had completed their software updates.

After loading new software on the PFD, you should always immediately enter configuration mode after the display resets and stay in configuration mode watching the System Information page until all devices are showing the correct software versions provided in the software update.

On a multi-display system, I always load new software to all displays except PFD1 first, then load PFD1 and enter configuration mode as described above. It is only the PFD1 display that updates the software in the other system devices. If you have the capability, power off the additional displays (except PFD1) while PFD1 is updating the rest of the system.

Steve

What??? The only problem I have seen reported with G3X V12.30 was a self inflicted problem of someone trying to operate their system without first verifying that all devices had completed their software updates.

After loading new software on the PFD, you should always immediately enter configuration mode after the display resets and stay in configuration mode watching the System Information page until all devices are showing the correct software versions provided in the software update.

On a multi-display system, I always load new software to all displays except PFD1 first, then load PFD1 and enter configuration mode as described above. It is only the PFD1 display that updates the software in the other system devices. If you have the capability, power off the additional displays (except PFD1) while PFD1 is updating the rest of the system.

Steve

I know how to do the update— I’ve had my system for 10 years now.

Anyway I was incorrect on the software version that was causing issues with the SL30 — that apparently was 12.2. So maybe I’ll give 12.3 a shot after I do some more research. Because of the issues with 12.2 I want to make sure there aren’t similar issues with 12.3 as I don’t have a copy of 12.0 to revert back to if there’s an issue.

Last edited:
Is there a link to the steps I need to do to update my software? I have the same AHRS message.

Back