What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

AT-205 on engine mounts

A5555

Well Known Member
So, I was spraying my daughter's car suspension system with AT-205 and I thought about my engine mount turning a dusty white so I sprayed them too. I don't know if that will get me to 3000 hrs on these mounts but we will see.

before

IMG_20210327_172147.jpg

after

IMG_20210327_173027.jpg

everything is looking good for a trip. I removed the inlet air dams and oil heat exchanger tape because it's warming now. it's time to rock and roll to tornado alley, Kansas.

IMG_20210327_174810.jpg

Last edited:
Steve , I should’ve been following your 3-D printer exploits closer, what are the printed towers on your intake ramps doing there ?
Thanks , Mr inquisitive !

Steve , I should’ve been following your 3-D printer exploits closer, what are the printed towers on your intake ramps doing there ?
Thanks , Mr inquisitive !

those are cowl inlet air dams. they block cooling air going into the engine and allow for even CHT's. I flew with these all Winter. they were removed yesterday because it's warming now.

also, the AT-205 was allowed to soak the rubber engine bushing mounts for 24 hrs. I can't be sure but the engine seemed to have more flex during start up. at least the bushing didn't explode. I have no scientific data.

Back