What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

G3X pitch trim indicator

RV10Man

Well Known Member
I need to add the pitch trim indicator to my PFD (GDU 470 touch). When in config mode, I have green check marks in all the right boxes except "PTRIM". It just skips over this box while scrolling through the various points. It won't let me "click" on it.

I tried the search function of the online manual for all kinds of pitch trim searches. All I can see showing up is how it works.

When in config mode, I have green check marks in all the right boxes except "PTRIM". It just skips over this box while scrolling through the various points. It won't let me "click" on it.

If your system has a "PTRIM" entry in the Device List on the System Information page, it means you incorrectly enabled a pitch trim GSA 28 servo in the LRU configuration.

While you might have a typical pitch trim motor in your plane, you probably are not using a separate GSA 28 servo for pitch trim.

Make sure that both roll and pitch trim servos are disabled on this page.

Autopilot LRU Page.png

Steve

If your system has a "PTRIM" entry in the Device List on the System Information page, it means you incorrectly enabled a pitch trim GSA 28 servo in the LRU configuration.

While you might have a typical pitch trim motor in your plane, you probably are not using a separate GSA 28 servo for pitch trim.

Make sure that both roll and pitch trim servos are disabled on this page.

View attachment 8504

Steve

I realize now why I didn't see this post in the "glass cockpit" sub forum. ........I put it in the wrong place. lol
Thanks Steve. I'll check it out.

Well.........that didn't fix it. I still don't have trim indicator on the PFD.

Last edited:
Well.........that didn't fix it. I still don't have trim indicator on the PFD.

The trim position sensors are set up in the Engine & Airframe menu (Icon)

You will need to enable/calibrate the device that's connected to one or more of the discrete inputs to the GEA 24 or GSU 73.

See page 35-175, Section 35.4.32.16 of the installation manual.

https://static.garmin.com/pumac/190-01115-01_am.pdf

You then will need to enable the trim display on PFD/MFD --

See page 76-77 of the G3X Pilot's Guide.

https://static.garmin.com/pumac/190-01115-00_q.pdf

Last edited:
Back