What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Here's the best and biggest RV-building team in the world! (or at least in Norway...)

ao.frog

Well Known Member
Hi gang.

A couple of weeks ago, my "RV-building team" and me completed our second -7 and it was a pleasure to take the plane up into the wild blue yonders. :)
(First-flight report here: http://www.vansairforce.com/community/showthread.php?t=110407 )

Alle of them are retired from the Norwegian Airforce, either as technicans or pilots, and we've had a GREAT time during the build.
It's been a social, educational and very enjoyable journey! Alle of us have truly enjoyed it!

A couple of days ago, we took a few shots to mark the event of finishing the plane.
Unfortunately, two of the guys could not be present, but here's the rest of my building team:

2rdkyz8.jpg

From the left, aft row:
Rudolf Holm, AF photographer and technican
Reidar Bjåland, AF ground equipment tech
Erling Olsen, AF engine tech
Roald Kilmark, AF tech, mostly fuse and engine
Arne Ingvaldsen, AF radio and avionics tech

From the left, front row:
Per Strømmen, AF fighter pilot and retired airline pilot
Cecilia Frog, wifey and my co-pilot both in the RV and in life :)
Yours truly

Not present:
Kjell Nøstdal, AF tech and the projects inspector
Eivind Vinje. AF avionics and elec systems

Here's a few more of the pics we took to mark the "RV-7, # 2 completion event"

mbk1eq.jpg

2e3ykog.jpg

2mhvtza.jpg

5zddi.jpg

2cdangm.jpg

16a3aep.jpg

I don't know wether the guys give "thumbs up" because the plane is done and flying, or because they FINALLY are done with RV-building, (we've been at it sine Fall 2005) but they have done a GREAT job regardless! ;)

Last edited:
A Very Talented Team

That's probably the most talent ever put together to build one small airplane. Had to be great fun working as part of that team. The end result looks outstanding - congratulations to everyone involved, you should all be very proud.
Best,
Terry, CFI
RV9A N323TP

OK. So all those guys get to build it, but who then gets to FLY it?

Plane looks GREAT!

Very, Very Nice Alf Olav

Your project turned out beautiful Alf Olav. Congratulations.:)
Nice Nav/ Strobes, where the heck did you get them. :rolleyes:
Fly safe and enjoy.

Thanks..

... for the nice comments guys. I'll be sure to pass them along to the rest of the team!

Arlen: I'm the one financing the whole thing, so I'm the only one to fly it... besides; none of the tech's have a pilot-license....

Tom: well, we fitted the Whelen light package years ago, long before all them LED's etc came on the market. I don't want to upgrade at this point, because that would just take up time. I wanted this bird in the air instead.
Besides; here in Norway, we can't fly a homebuilt plane in VFR night conditions, so the lights will only be used from Sunset until VFR night starts.

Therefore, the lights wont be used much and I don't want to use time and money for a light upgrade right now. Maybe sometime later down the road... we'll see....

Congratulations!

Great looking airplane! And what a well-qualified team! No wonder your bird turned out so nice.

Have fun flying it. Has Team Norway figured out what the next RV build might be? Sounds like an RV-12 might be a great project to get some of your group to learn/fly in :D

Fly instead of build now

Jim: we'll probably hold off any more building projects. We've been at it since Fall 2005 and most of us feel that this is enough.

Cecilia (my wife) has also kindly asked if we could focus on flying the RV's now, instead of building them... so I'm pretty happy with flying instead of building right now... but you never know what the future holds... :confused:

Back