What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Who needs a ride?

LettersFromFlyoverCountry

Well Known Member
You've been building your RV for awhile and you could use a little shot of motivation? Good. I'm looking for builders who need a little ride in an RV-7A. If you're in Minnesota, Iowa, or Wisconsin, let's take care of that. Post here or DM me.

Bob,

I can't wait until I can make a similar post. I hope you get takers and spur them on in their building process.

Great Idea, Anyone in the NYC tri state area?

Same deal, giving rides in NYC tri-State area. I'm on Long Island but flying to, NJ, Connecticut, upstate eastern NY, RI, Mass. Let me know.

Richard Fazio

Look in the RV White Pages

I would bet that anyone in the RV White Pages that has a flying RV will welcome any comers who are looking for a ride (I am in there in Oklahoma, give me a call anytime).

Great Offers!

Being a part of the RV Community is a special treat. It warms my heart to see people step up and offer support, advise and motivation to everyone. Well Done!

I have not finished my project yet, but when it is done.... those in SoCal can come fly with me.

Great offer!

Bob,

Just passed through the Twin Cities yesterday on my way home from a project I have going on in St. Cloud!

Going back up in a couple of weeks though, and I could certainly use a shot. Been building for 4 years, haven't flown in 5 and the last time I was in an RV was with Van, back in 96 or so.

I'd gladly pay for the gas! :D

Bob
Not sure if you remember me but I helped you move the plane to KSGS. I would like a ride when you have time.

Yes, please!

You've been building your RV for awhile and you could use a little shot of motivation? Good. I'm looking for builders who need a little ride in an RV-7A. If you're in Minnesota, Iowa, or Wisconsin, let's take care of that. Post here or DM me.

Bob, I would love to take you up on this offer. Would you take a soon-to-be builder? I have yet to fly in an RV and could use a confirmation that this is what I want to build. An evening later next week would work best for me since I work in St. Paul and can come by after. Thank you.

Drew

Being a part of the RV Community is a special treat. It warms my heart to see people step up and offer support, advise and motivation to everyone. Well Done!

I have not finished my project yet, but when it is done.... those in SoCal can come fly with me.

...I couldn't have said it more eloquently nor could I agree with with you more. The offer is open to guys in my area as well (KREI) and if you, Peter need some RV-9A time it's open to you as well. Allan...:D

Last edited:
Bob, I would love to take you up on this offer. Would you take a soon-to-be builder? I have yet to fly in an RV and could use a confirmation that this is what I want to build. An evening later next week would work best for me since I work in St. Paul and can come by after. Thank you.
Drew

Sure. Not sure what the wx situation is here; I hear it's supposed to get gusty but I haven't looked. Is KSGS (Fleming Field) the closest to your house? If not, I could drop into the field that is. Drop me a note to [email protected] and let's set it up.

It's a good feeling

I think most RVer's are pretty generous when some one needs a ride. My first RV ride was with Dan Checkoway. Sealed the deal for me.

With over 700 hours on my 7 I've had over 160 people ride with me. I'd have to check my records but I think somewhere around 10 of those have started kits with a couple buying RV's. This is a very rewarding experience.

I also refuse any offers for paying for gas. Seeing the excitement and enthusiasm is payment enough. However, on several occasions I've received restaurant gift cards. Very appreciative, but not necessary. A couple of them, I have no clue who gave them:)

As Bob said, pay it forward when you get the project completed!!!

"Any excuse to fly."

Really Allan? C'mon now, you could CERTAINLY come up with something a bit more delinquent! Try adding a few cus words or something! :D:D

Wow! Now that is funny! Looks like I should use the spell checker to get rid of the stupid typos. Thanks for helping me make a fool of myself...:eek:
I went back and fixed it so maybe they won't notice. Thanks, Allan...:D

Same deal!

I'm in SE AZ, been flying my -7a for four years and I regularly give rides to a buddy building an -8 to up his motivation. I kept my old '59 C172 to keep my own juices flowing until my RV was ready to move to the airport for final assembly. A flight in an RV for a stalled builder can be just what he/she needs to get them to press on to the finish line. Please feel free to email/PM me for that kick in the pants you need! I've flown it to OSH the last four years as well as a lot of local fly-ins and I often tell others that if I'd known how much fun it is to fly, I'd have finished it two years sooner!

This is really a nice thing!!!!!!!!

.....After posting here I have been contacted by three fellow RVers, have taken one out flying and have the other two scheduled for this week. This is actually very enjoyable for me, seeing the excitement and enthusiasm as well as all the compliments and praise on me airplane. I am very glad I decided to join in on this thread. Allan...:D

Ride???

Well, a ride would be a great moment for me. However not building an RV7, I am building a RV10 and this summer has taken a big toll on my building. Many things have come up to where I have not been able to touch it in three months.

In addition to losing some motivation during these last three months, I have never had the opportunity or thrill to actually sit or ride in any of the RV's.

Would love to take a ride at my expense to finally experience what everyone is talking about - how great these flying machines are.

Last edited:
Sent you a PM

Will be giving Jesse a ride on Friday morning.

Last weekend, picked up my oldest RV pal, Warren Starkebaum, and gave him some sticktime on the way up to Princeton. Warren was already enthusiastically returning to RV work before the ride, but says he's even more motivated now.

This is really great fun.

Ride

Hello Bob. I am located in Wahpeton, ND just north of Fargo.

I see that you are in the cities and am certainly open to coming down that direction.

I know Wahpeton well (but it's SOUTH of Fargo :D ). There are several folks out that way in need of rides. I'm going to try to schedule a trip up there to take care of everyone.

Back