What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

I did it!

ConAgraPilot

RV-8 Empennage has been ordered!! Hi all my name is Michael Foss! Long time pilot, very very new builder! Got a chance to meet the Pratt brothers in OshKosh and that solidified my decision. Now I need to find a support group in the Aurora, IL area as I just got word I'm being transferred in October. I have been poking around the forum for a little while and have started building up the tool database. Just a big THANK YOU for all the advice you have given indirectly through this forum!

Michael

ARR has some RV's based right at the private Sky Haven hangars.
Im building my 7 at DKB A few miles north west, shout if you need anything.

Good pick!

Congrats on your pick - you will be very happy :D:D But don't listen to me, as I am only .008% complete, or put another way, I am 97% complete with the empennage order form paperwork. But seriously, congrats on diving in, as I have found out, the water is quite nice here in the VAF pool.
Jim

Michael:

Nice to meet you at Oshkosh. Glad to hear that my brother, Mike, and I could be of some help in the decision. The -8 is a wonderful machine and I think you'll find us -8 owners/builders just a little more passionate than the rest of the RV community :D.

I can already see that some of the IL locals are contacting you and don't forget, there is always advice to be had from the forums. All you have to do is ask.

Enjoy and welcome to the world of Van's RVs.

Chris

. . . I think you'll find us -8 owners/builders just a little more passionate than the rest of the RV community :D.

Well yes, but not as passionate as those -3 builders, just a little more boisterous about it. Of course, the rest of the home-built community is just going to laugh at us if RV folks start debating among ourselves which of our subgroups is more over-the-top; they think we're all a little too evangelical about our (clearly superior) RV's. :p

Welcome, Michael! Enjoy your build. And remember, if you donate to DR every year, magic shop dust will ensure your project will never stall. Not until you're flying it, anyway.

Stephen

Noticed you were a fellow Council Bluffian. I've got an f1 Rocket on field at KCBF. Send me an email or PM if you need anything. There are a few RVs on field here.

Andrew

Yes! Another 8 project. That's two of you today...we are taking over the world! The other guy is putting the third wheel at the wrong end, but we still have some time to convert him!

Welcome to Van's Air Force.

Thanks Andrew, Ill be leaving CB by mid-October and will reside in the land of Lincoln. I'm excited to get my new garage/workshop up and running!!

Michael

Back