What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

G-TWLV Gets Some Paint!

aerofurb

Well Known Member
G-TWLV has had some stripey paint applied courtesy of Mick Allen & Son Aircraft Resprays (UK based). It had its first public outing to the RV Bonus Day Fly-In at the historic Duxford Aerodrome on Saturday. :)

(Scheme was shamelessly based on an Australian RV-7A belonging to Brian Degenhardt that I saw on the VAF pages ;) ).

nex6120512023resize.jpg

nex6120512048.jpg

nex6120512047resize.jpg

nex6120512051resize.jpg

nex6120512052resize.jpg

PS Blue and grey are metallic and look fabulous in the sunlight :) - an RV-12 badge has yet to be attached to the fin.

Last edited:
Nice To See

The painted airframe looks really nice Jerry.

Also nice to see a painted RV-12 prop. But that might change :eek: after a few decent trips!!

John.

pretty !

G-TWLV has had some stripey paint applied courtesy of Mick Allen & Son Aircraft Resprays (UK based). It had its first public outing to the RV Bonus Day Fly-In at the historic Duxford Aerodrome on Saturday. :)

(Scheme was shamelessly based on an Australian RV-9 that I saw on the VAF pages ;) ).

nex6120512023resize.jpg

nex6120512048.jpg

nex6120512047resize.jpg

nex6120512051resize.jpg

nex6120512052resize.jpg

PS Blue and grey are metallic and look fabulous in the sunlight :) - an RV-12 badge has yet to be attached to the fin.

wow nice !

Thanks people for the comments. Edited the post - it was an RV-7A not 9, oh and the prop isn't painted, standard Sensenich.

Edited the post - it was an RV-7A not 9, oh and the prop isn't painted, standard Sensenich.

... oh, and it's not an RV-12, it's actually the new RV-14 :)

Just joking! It's one of the best schemes I've seen. Looks great, Jerry.

... oh, and it's not an RV-12, it's actually the new RV-14 :)

Just joking! It's one of the best schemes I've seen. Looks great, Jerry.

I can take it - we British are made of strong stuff.... :(

Here's a link to the original (RV-7A....) scheme (post #254):

http://www.vansairforce.com/community/showthread.php?t=1744&page=26

Interior shots of G-TWLV:

http://www.vansairforce.com/community/showthread.php?t=49480

And I've just got the 'painted Sensenich' comment - we British can be a bit slow. ;)

Last edited:
I thought the same thing

Wow, what a great scheme! It hardly looks like a 12 :D

I have to say WOW like the others. When I was looking at it at first, paying attention to the cool paint, I thought it was a 7! Very nice. Have fun showing it off!

Scheme was shamelessly based on an Australian RV-7A belonging to Brian Degenhardt that I saw on the VAF pages ;)

So I can shamelessly copy your design? ;-) I really was busy yesterday selecting RV's with a nice paint job and the Australian was one of them.
Paint job turned out great! Congratulations!

That looks fantastic, Jerry. I kept meaning to stick my head in at Mick's, but never got round to it.

The scheme makes the nose look longer, which is probably why it works so well.

Who are you calling bignose....

He called me bignose, I'll thump him if he calls me bignose again :D

With apologies to MP LOB

All it needs is a white star and you will have the perfect Dallas Cowboys RV-12! Change your last name to Jones and you will really be on a roll!! :D

Really great looking aircraft, congrats!

Last edited:
I didn't even know it was a 12 until I kept looking at the boarding step in front of the wing...even then it took a few to realise!

Sorry to be redundant but - WOW!

Bob

Last edited:
That is an awesome. Love the paint scheme. I also had did a double take
not realizing it was a RV-12

Geoff

It's really great to read all the positive comments. Seems like everyone likes the scheme as much as we do!

Very amusing that even the owning/building fraternity of heritage RVs have to admit they like the RV-12.... ;)

PS It was actually Mr Newall's fault for telling me about the pictures of his 7 that he'd posted, I scrolled down and there was that splendid (non-red/white/blue) 7A!

Last edited:
She's a beautiful looking aeroplane, Jerry. You've raised the bar for all us mental cases still banging in those rivets!

Matt.
Slow build RV-9 wings
South Yorkshire, UK.

Gorgeous!

I am totally copying these designs in this thread...already have my Catto prop painted Interlagos Blue (my car color)...

I have to agree!!! Just amazing, a very nice paint scheme. Maybe I will follow the "leader" and have my RV-12 repainted.

Gotta agree!

Great paint scheme!

I will admit that the 12 isn't the most svelte of the RV family - a little 'boxy' if you know what I mean - but, your paint scheme does the best job of stretching out the fuselage lines of any that I have seen.

I am sure that many will copy your scheme. It looks outstanding.

Mr Parr,

I resemble those comments.........

Duly acknowledged.

Ours was ripped off from Randy Lervold's 3 and 8.

Thanked in person at Sun n Fun btw.

Proves that nothing is original.

My wife has been in advertising for over 40 years and she says it's all been done before..... :rolleyes:

Blimey, Mike - a northerner with taste....? ;)

The fuselage design was stolen from an Oz RV-7 - with due acknowledgment.

Mick Allen loved masking up the lines, it's actually quite complex.... :D

Lovely. Looks like it is soaring effortlessly just as it sits there!
Now if I can just figure a way to work some John Deere colors into that scheme...

Back