What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Cooling iPad

RV12Pilot

Any suggestions for cooling an iPad. Am using a RAM mount for my iPad which places the top of the iPad a little above the panel. TIA Charlie

Place a piece of white printer paper behind the iPad in its mount.. it’ll keep some of the suns heat from overheating it, as well as providing a little shade to the iPad..

Today we had a scorcher in Phoenix. My iPad has shutdown on hi temperature in the past so I bought the mount with two battery powered fans, and I have a couple of 5” X 7” plastic sunshades that are dark green but transparent. I place the shades on the canopy using a quick water spray from a small bottle and them slap them on the canopy to shade the IPad. Worked perfectly today.

I made myself an iPad sun shade out of thick paper stock and then had it laminated at Office Depot. I use Velcro to secure it to the top of my iPad mount. In Oklahoma it gets pretty hot in the summer. Only once has it shutdown due to overheating since I started using this shade.

Which is why I switched over to Android, never had an overheating issue in Phoenix in summer, was so sick of iPad shutting down from April to Nov.

A lot cheaper hardware as well

4 fans powered by battery on IPad mount

3E1CB3D3-ECFF-425C-9A94-C9C0C9F67D95.jpg
I built this for under $30 and it seems to work.
PM me if you are interested

Back