What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

More Hangar Time

bobmarkert

Well Known Member
How to get more hangar time AND extra points at home.....

Step 1 Install washer and dryer in hangar

Me: "Honey I'm going to the hangar to do some laundry"

Honey: "OK, have a great day, I'll have supper waiting when you get home"

..... You're welcome guys
https://www.flickr.com/gp/124557250@N05/cj23dR

Last edited:
I just forwarded this to my girlfriend...
Answer:

"Ha ha ha, I would never believe you..."

Do you have some other ideas?

I'm kinda lucky..

When my now wife and I first met, I advised her of my commitment to "hangar time" and building the RV. By the second week of dating, the mancave hangar became her favorite spot too, soon to be adorned with microwave,toaster oven and grill, then table and chairs,a hammock and even a kiddie pool for hot days...she answered well to "I need my assistant" during the difficult work (or needing a beverage from the fridge). She eventually stood watching the first flight, and was the first passenger at 40.1 hrs. on the hobbs. By now, we were engaged and moved to a house on the airport. The venue for the wedding was set...5 ship formation above 8A7 at 5280 ft. She was "all in". We married in the -4 three years ago and the rest is history and lots of flying !..I have been very lucky!

When my now wife and I first met, I advised her of my commitment to "hangar time" and building the RV. By the second week of dating, the mancave hangar became her favorite spot too, soon to be adorned with microwave,toaster oven and grill, then table and chairs,a hammock and even a kiddie pool for hot days...she answered well to "I need my assistant" during the difficult work (or needing a beverage from the fridge). She eventually stood watching the first flight, and was the first passenger at 40.1 hrs. on the hobbs. By now, we were engaged and moved to a house on the airport. The venue for the wedding was set...5 ship formation above 8A7 at 5280 ft. She was "all in". We married in the -4 three years ago and the rest is history and lots of flying !..I have been very lucky!

Very cool story Bill, sounds like your living the good life!

I get to use my flying club's hangar to build my RV. I get to do so as the club's maintenance officer. My excuse for being at the airport so much is I have 130+ pilots I'm trying to keep alive.

:D

Hanger time or...

I used to have this problem, then I retired. Now I get asked everyday, ?don?t you have something to do at the hanger??.
I hope this continues when the weather improves. :D

Back