What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Transition Training

grainfarmer

I would like to take a second to recommend Jim Delveau for anyone needing training. He took on me, a low time, 0 tailwheel time pilot and successfully gave me the RV grin after five sessions. This guy expects perfection and will find something to correct, even after you thought you've greased one.
Thanks Jim!

Troy Mahon
RV6 911YL

I second that!

Jim is in Ankeny, IA (Des Moines). [email protected] I did my transition training with him about a year ago before I purchased my -4. Outstanding instructor and beautiful RV-6.

I will give him another nod, he worked my dad and I in between Troys training. He had a great teaching style, very laid back. He flew up to us and did our training, and flew back home. Very reasonable, and easy to work with.

I'll also give Jim a thumbs up! In addition to his RV6, Jim also has access to an RV7-A for those looking for A type transition training. If you are looking for transistion training to an RV9-A, the 7A will usually suffice and will typically meet most insurance requirements. You should also not wait until the last minute to schedule time with Jim since he can become quite busy and often takes time off in the winter to visit Florida.

Back