What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Rear cockpit throttle connection

benjam

Hi All,

I am installing a rear throttle in my build. I managed to get one from a mate who is not using it.

I have searched the Vans store for the kit components to enable its connection to the front throttle, but it is not obvious.

Any one know what bits are needed to connect the rear to the front? Are there plans for this part of the build?

Any advice would be welcome!

Cheers,

Ben

Side note. Recommend you take the bend out of the rear throttle arm, then trim the length so the arm does not extend out from between the ribs. It still works fine and less likely for a rear seat person to screw it up.

Carl

I'm considering adding a rear throttle and I've seen some very simple ones that have the terminal assembly as shown by Gustav (Avanza) connected to a rod, guided by snap bushings, with a threaded ball for the hand. This is probably what I will do if/when I add a rear throttle.

Hi All,

I am installing a rear throttle in my build. I managed to get one from a mate who is not using it.

I have searched the Vans store for the kit components to enable its connection to the front throttle, but it is not obvious.

Any one know what bits are needed to connect the rear to the front? Are there plans for this part of the build?

Any advice would be welcome!

Cheers,

Ben

Log in to your Vans store account and go to "My Aircraft" then go to "Download Kit Plans". You'll immediately have access to all the plans drawings for your RV8. The one you're looking for is OP-2, "Rear Seat Throttle". Here's a picture of that drawing:

Attachments

• CB16A2ED-5C91-4E81-9C83-70F84F66F360.jpg
    CB16A2ED-5C91-4E81-9C83-70F84F66F360.jpg
    211.6 KB · Views: 117
Last edited:
Back