What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Loehle Paint

Shadetree

Well Known Member
Anyone have a phone number that works for Loehle Aircraft Coatings?
I have tried everything except getting a return call from the local Chamber of Commerce.

No return call here

Along with my rv4 project we have a Loehle p5151. We have been trying to reach them for some time now. The phone has been disconnected. The emails go out but have not been returned.

I was going to use some of their primer a half-dozen years ago, and was very unimpressed with their service (basically none). I would not be surprised if they were out of business if my experience was typical.

Greg

I have struck out completely on getting any response from Loehle.
The Chamber of Commerce said I was one of several calls they had received and as far as they knew that business no longer existed.

Now I am trying to match my paint and having issues doing that.

Does anyone know the brand or manufacturer Loehle used when they were in business?

Shadetree, sorry for your troubles.
I painted my RV-10 using Loehle paint and of the many different paint products I have ever used, Loehle was by far the best in all aspects.

I believe Mike Loehle had his paint custom formulated to suit his application
and keeping the typical home builder in mind.

I talked to Sandy a number of times but unfortunately my experience and their customer service was much the same as everyone else's.
I don't know if they are still around but I would spend my effort looking elsewhere for matching paint:(
I talked to them last in 2012.

I tried matching my paint with a local paint company and what they shot and what I got are not even close.

Back to square one.

Go to another paint shop. We where able to have our p5151 blue matched by valspar. Our paint store will not give up until matched.

Have you tried the FBO at Tullahoma for possible contact info? Loehle, at one time, used to do some of their work out of one of the hangars there. The Google picture of the area is exactly what the area looks like, Actually, not a bad place.

I found a paint shop in Amarillo that told me they would not give up until they match it.
Headed that way tomorrow.
Thanks for the replies.

Have you tried the FBO at Tullahoma for possible contact info? Loehle, at one time, used to do some of their work out of one of the hangars there. The Google picture of the area is exactly what the area looks like, Actually, not a bad place.

Thanks. I gave them a call and they gave me a couple of phone numbers to call.
I tried both and either no longer in service or no answer, but was the best lead I have had so far.

I called GLO custom last week to see about getting my RV in there for paint, and they said they have right at a one-year wait right now for new airplanes. I'm going to need to do something sooner than that, any good paint shop recommendations in Texas?

My (limited) experience with their products is that much if not all is that it was something that was simply relabeled. That's not to say that thought was not put into the product selection...

If your paint shop or paint supplier cannot match it, you need a different paint shop/supplier. Sometimes it might take an attempt of two, but I have never seen something that cannot be matched with a little creativity and effort...

Brad Simmons
Airframes Inc.
Milan, TN
731-686-3610

Back