What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Copperstate Trip Report

YellerDaisy

Well Known Member
I zipped over to Casa Grande, AZ (CGZ) for Copperstate last Friday. I posted a full report here on my blog.

I had a great trip and the -3 ran great. Sipped about 7 gph at 150 kts and saw some spectacular scenery! Sadly, I was only the RV-3 there, should have gotten an award or something!! ;)

DSCN3303.jpg

DSCN3315.jpg

DSCN3389.jpg

DSCN3416.jpg

JD,

Nice report. If we had the time Tom and I wanted to stop at Copperstate and/or LOE on our way out of Mesa (KFFZ). We got a later start than anticipated and made a beeline home and still didn't make it before Sandy. Maybe in the next year or two I'll make it back. The RV sure does make it easy to cover the distance.

Don

JD,

Nice report. If we had the time Tom and I wanted to stop at Copperstate and/or LOE on our way out of Mesa (KFFZ). We got a later start than anticipated and made a beeline home and still didn't make it before Sandy. Maybe in the next year or two I'll make it back. The RV sure does make it easy to cover the distance.

Don

Thanks Don. You are sure right - these RV's are magic carpets!! :)

Hope you are able to get your new toy the rest of the way home soon.

RV10 Wins best

metal airplane and Grand champion. Here is the letter Rich Jankowski sent me and a pic." I had sold my RV-10 and bought my old one from my former partner. My wife Pat, and I did a lot of clean up work and tender loving care and we flew it to the Copper State Fly Inn at Casa Grande, AZ this weekend. We with great reluctance put the plane up for judging and to our surprise we won both "Best Metal" and "Grand Champion". We were really shocked but very happy with the awards.

The weather was great for the show and the flight home. The flight home was nonstop CGZ to CXO: 976 sm, 4+35, 49.9 gal. This works out to: 213 MPH and 10.9 GPH. The tail winds were not real strong and we were cruising at 205 MPH at about 11.2 GPH for most of the way. "

2yyqqrp.jpg

Back