What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Factory Demo Flight RV Grins post your pic!

CPSONE

Well Known Member
Here's a pic taken the day of my first RV flight taken late last year.
I think I had the RV grin during the whole flight in the factory demo N137RV. (Thanks Joe B.). :D

Anyone know how many demo rides have been given in Van's demo planes?

Post your pic of your RV grin in a factory plane!
We'd all love to see it I'm sure!

28i2ul4.jpg

213gb4k.jpg

Here we go. 2006 or something. Not exactly a grin, something more. Thank you Gus F for the ride thank you John L for pictures.

8f55bbf0.jpg

RV GRINS

Here we go. 2006 or something. Not exactly a grin, something more. Thank you Gus F for the ride thank you John L for pictures.

I too tried to take it all in, lucky my wife was there to take pics, I though a lot more people would have photos of their factory ride!

8f55bbf0.jpg

mg5681.jpg

4,000 hrs later im still grinning. go vans.
Great to see current RV Grins too!
Nice pic Ed! 4000 hours, congrats that's a lot of hours and distance covered, 166 days that you were not on planet earth! I've only got 96 days worth... Any major unexpected maintenance issues come up in that time (for the plane;))? M

This was taken too long ago with an early digital camera, so it's hard to see the grin. But check out the color of the Factory plane. Anyone who got theirs in Old Blue?
rv017.jpg

Dave Domeier gave me my RV grin when I got a ride in his -7A, but I have 8.3 hours in "Old Blue" thanks to getting transition from Mike Seager this past summer.

Jim Bower
RV-6A N143DJ
St. Louis...flying since August 2011

Who is that man behind the shades?

Here is my RV grin picture, circa 1985.

Paul-and-Van.jpg

Yes that is Dick V. behind the shades. I was 24 is this picture.

One for the Archives!

Here is my RV grin picture, circa 1985.

Paul-and-Van.jpg

Yes that is Dick V. behind the shades. I was 24 is this picture.

Van's migh want a copy of that one for the family album!:cool: I had shades like that...
What airport was that?

Last edited:
Back