What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV owner and CFI in Bay area?

jadecuir

I'm New Here
Several years ago when I bought my RV4, I needed a few hours in type to satisfy myself and the insurance company. Allan Eckmann (RHV) owned an RV6 and was a current CFI-A. He gave me a couple of hours in his 6 before I flew my 4.
I now have a friend that needs the same service so he can fly my 4. Is there anyone within a hundred or so miles of Salinas that provides dual in their taildragger RV? I'm trying to save him a trip to Portland.

RV builder/CFI in Bay Area

there used to be at least one (fairly recently) in Petaluma/Santa Rosa airports, if that isn't too far...

not too far...

Petaluma's not too far. Do you have a name or users handle? I made contact with Alan E. in San Jose, and he can help us out after the New Year. Thanks.

CFII in Los Banos

I've used Dale Combs in Los Banos. He is a CFII and has a self-built and very fast RV4. He has done two biannuals for me. The numbers that Ihave for him are: office=559-659-3045, home=209-826-5461 cell=209-675-6355. The office number may not be valid as I believe he retired.

Back