What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

9855J Pink slip!

JimWoo50

Well Known Member
Monday morning after 13 years of enjoyable and educational construction my RV-6, 9855J was inspected by a FAA Aviation Safety Inspector out of the Chicago Dupage FSDO. Total time from initial FAA contact to inspection was about ten working days. The inspector helped me immensely with the paperwork and made a very thorough inspection of my aircraft. Now its time to reassemble the plane, call the insurance man and as soon as the winds die down a bit GO FLY!

Way to go!

Congrats for a big accomplishment!
I bought my RV-6 and love keeping it up as well as flying it.
You are getting ready for a BIG RV GRIN!

... Now its time to reassemble the plane, ...

Would you mind briefly outlining what state of disassembly you had the plane in for your inspection? I'm still a long way from achieving your state of accomplishment but I'm curious if there's anything I need to leave open or removed.

And big congratulations! You must feel like a million bucks.

Thanks,
Joe

Great news! Please report back with news of your first flight.

Would you mind briefly outlining what state of disassembly you had the plane in for your inspection?...
Talk to the person doing your inspection. Some DAR's want every inspection panel opened up and others wan the plane ready to fly.

My inspection was performed by the local FSDO and they didn't even look at the plane.

That said, have as many experienced builders and you can find to look over your plane before presenting it for your inspection. Oh, and walk away as the gang looks over your pride and joy. Let them present you with a list of findings when they are done.

I had it all open

every fairing, baggage bulkhead, floor, cowling, wheel pants.

And he looked at it all too. He mentioned that experimental aircraft accident rates are a big issue at faa right now. Also stated that AD's unless they specifically exempt experimental aircraft are definitely applicable to us.

Back