What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Let the good times roll....

aarvig

Well Known Member
Fed Ex delivered the next 2-3 years of basement happiness to my door the other day. The wings are here and the empennage is done. My helpers Levi and Chase approve of the next stage of the build...

Levi helped inventory ALL the parts. What a guy. Every time he went back to the crates it was like Christmas for him...
DSC_0016.jpg

Yes..he mirrors his daddies excitement...
DSC_0005-2.jpg

Chase was the first to approve of the strength of Van's crating techniques...
DSC_0003-3.jpg

The Fed Ex guy Mark, was blown away at what was in the crates. He spent a half hour at my house discussing the project and helped unload the crates and carry them into the basement. Very professional service. He's got my number and has been invited to the VAF happenings at our airport. We'll see if we started a new addiction...:D
DSC_0002-2.jpg

crates...could it be...the holy grail???

these shots remind me of the reverse I guess...I crated and shipped a BD-5 kit to a guy in Pensacola from Kamloops, BC, Canada.( in 3 crates)
to cut down on the customs urge to peel apart my beautiful crates, I closed them with scrap clear lexan panels, so you could easily see what was inside ( sort of!...enough to pique the curiosity anyhow!)
I often wondered how many coffee breaks along their 3,000 mile trip were spent with folks peering into the crates, trying to figure out what it was! :)

Wow, brings back memories. When I was at your stage I was driving a brand new truck and my son was that size. Now he is 6'4" and driving my old faded pick-up! Congrats and good luck!

Back