What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

2016 Oshkosh Social

Two's In

Finally have my schedule set and I will be able to make the trip this year. Second time flying Gator there and I should hit 500 hours on the Hobbs by the time I get there.

Cheers

I'm there! Finally making it to Oshkosh (first timer). Count me in for a couple of brews.

Another 2

My build is starting to look like an airplane, looking forward to meeting everyone.

Derek

+1

Would like to stop by, as I was unable to make it last year. Beer selections are delicious. Thanks to those putting this together and sponsoring.
Tom

New guy

Last year I had just started my tail feathers, so I didn't speak "RV" very well and didn't make the social. This year I got and an almost finished/done RV9 so I'm going to stop in meet some folks and say hello from NH. Looking forward to meeting the folks and seeing the RVs I've been reading about.

I built a Vari-Eze years ago, but now I'm find working without all the dust and smell of epoxy much more pleasant and rewarding, RVs are fun.

Steve

This AM the Beer Fairy came up the basement stairs dressed to kill (a string of pearls and clean underwear), and declared she was ready to party. The old girl was really pissed when we told her the Social was the 25th of July, not June.

So, let this be a lesson to all...mark your calendar! It's Monday evening, opening day at OSH, and 30 days from today. Location is the back yard at 1366 W. Waukau, west of the tower, just outside the EAA gate. Your location host is Arthur J. Gallagher & Co, i.e. Jenny, Shanna, Jennifer, and the rest of the gang. The Social is Monday, but they will be there all week with refreshments and shade, so stop by and say thank you. It has to be the best place in the whole world to get answers to your airplane insurance questions.

Sponsors have again tucked a few bucks into the old lady's purse. You know 'em, you love 'em, and you spend money with 'em; they all just want you to know they appreciate your business.

Barrett Precision Engines, Continental Motors, Delta Pop, EXP Aircraft Services, JD Air, Kitplanes Magazine, Perry Hill Automobile Company, SteinAir, TruTrak, and TS Flightlines

Serious message...let's be responsible. Keep an eye on your buddy. Walk or get a designated driver. Make sure all your people get home safe. 'Nuff said. See you there!

I heard there was beer being served, so I cashed in some frequent flyer miles.
No idea where I'm sleeping yet, but please add +1 to the Aussie crowd.
Looking forward to it!

I plan to be there with a friend. First time flying in on my RV 9a. Two Hearted Ale is one of my favorites.

Jim
first flight Sept 2013

I missed last year because it is at the same time as the opening concert, and that is one of the draws for my wife - any thought to moving to a different time/day in the future? It is always going to conflict with something, but the concert is a big one...

Hoping to be there. Will probably make three trips over to OSH this year.

Updating: Nope. I won't be able to get over until Thursday evening.

Last edited:
Moooooooooo

SpottedCow.png

beer.jpg

Last edited:
I brought 2 cases home last year. I spaced out and just ran out about a month ago. Might have to bring 3 cases home this year!!

Darwin,
I have an idea.

We get a sky crane you fly that and
I will fly the thingy in the back.

I know where the brewery is and we can probably
Supply RV NATION for a couple of years.

The Bell 47 won't cut it.:rolleyes:

Boomer

Now that we have a place to stay close by (no driving) my favorite riveter and I will be there.

Planning to be there! This is the first OSH for me, so really looking forward to it! Safe flying to all, and see you there!

The early weather report for next Monday says a little rain is possible, so the Fairy went out and bought a new rain slicker, complete with matching hat and shoes.

She would be very disappointed if her friends don't show up, so she asked me to remind everyone that the Social is a rain or shine event. Bring an umbrella!

Got it covered. It is Oshkosh after all! Hey, isn't she supposed to be brushing up on her injection line repair skills?

Thanks Dan!

Thanks for getting this going again Dan! Amanda says she has some Scotch for you. I'll take the beer!!

See you there!

Coming all the way from South Florida

Plan to be thirsty, look forward to meeting RV'rs.

Well, another Social is in the history books. The weather was perfect, the beer was cold, and everybody smiled…a lot.

Nothing flies without money...no bucks, no Buck Rogers. Many thanks to Gallagher Insurance, Barrett Precision Engines, Continental Motors, Delta Pop, EXP Aircraft Services, JD Air, Kitplanes Magazine, Perry Hill Automobile Company, SteinAir, TruTrak, and TS Flightlines.

And now, a few more photos.

You know Jay Pratt, don't you? You should!

Andy and Boomer.

Bill Schlatterer (Petit Jean), Ernie Butcher (RV1 and Eagles Nest), and Jeff Point (be nice or get parked just north of Fond du Lac).

Steve, struck dumb by whatever Figs is saying.

Shanna Linton (L) and Jennifer Cummins (R), of Gallagher Insurance. Gentlemen, I assure you, my insurance agents (plural) are much superior to your insurance agent. Good prices, excellent service, and they know how to pull a tap without putting too much foam in the cup ;)

Last edited:
It was a ruckus time as usual. I almost pulled the plug when Dr. Dan planned to put "Two beer Tanya" on a mini bike. Finally we didn't close down the party. Many thanks to all the sponsors!

Thanks Dan for putting this all together! We all had a great time. Plenty of Cow!

Enjoyed meeting you and looking forward to the next time at TripleTree.

Back