What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Dispensing fuel tank sealant

cnpeters

Well Known Member
As I near the start of sealing a fuel tank, I was interested in using my fuel tank sealant dispenser from Van's. I bought a quart of FTS, but do they make cartridges I can load so I can use the dispenser? If not (and what a waste of a dispenser except for the 3.5 oz FTS cartridge), I will use large syringes as others have mentioned in the archives.
Carl

Proseal Cartridges

These cartridges and nozzles be reused and reloaded with sealant mixed in bulk in your shop. ProSeal does not stick to polypropylene catridges and nozzles very well. After you are done dispensing, simply let it set up for a few days, and then remove the plunger and nozzle, demold the slug by using a blunt stick to push the slug out of the cartridge. Extra cartridges with plungers and nozzles were available from Aircraft Spruce or other adhesive supply houses.

I did my tanks this way, mixing from a can, loading the cartridges with sealant using a toungue depressor or wooden garden row stick label, dispensing with a pneumatic gun, and reusing the cartridge. Much more control on dispensing, made the whole tank experience kinda fun! No horror stories here... Can't wait to use the same setup for those misc upcoming fuselage Proseal tasks.

Howard Kaney
West Bend, WI
RV-9A fuselage

Cartridges

Carl,

I don't know what size cartridges the dispenser you have will fit but I ordered disposable cartridges for my Semco gun from SkyGeek. I mixed the proseal from the quart can in the quantity needed for the session and loaded the cartridge and went to work.

HTH

Back