What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

4th of July weekend in Door County

NovaBandit

Well Known Member
Trip video:
https://youtu.be/gGzMOMymRDk

An exerpt from my better half's trip writeup (posted here):
Door County. This is a flight report I’ve been looking forward to writing for a loooooooong time =)

---------------------------------------------------------------------
It had always been in our conversations as we’d dream about places to fly when the plane was finally done… We’d spent hours and hours on Google maps – dreaming about the trip.

“OOooh, look! There’s a cool beach right across from the airport!”

“And we could ride our bikes to Peninsula State Park!”

“And we could eat here, and here, and here and here!!!” (obviously, we love food)

With our July 4th weekend open and an airplane ready to go, we realized this, INDEED, was the time to make our long-sought-after trip a reality.

After REALLY trying to be minimal with our gear, the below pic shows everything we packed in the RV-10 for the weekend. This includes food, tent, bedding, and all our clothes/necessities. I think EJ actually got to bring the most stuff here! Everything packed up nicely in the baggage compartment and we strapped the tent into the front seat.

After a SURPRISE STOP (you’ll see more about that in the Flight Report VLOG above!) in Menomonie, WI we were a little delayed in getting to Ephraim.

TRUTH: Okay, okay — we were delayed anyway and we’re blaming it on the kid. There.
10-1024x1024.jpg

Last edited:
Awesome video! My daughter and I snuck out of OSH last year for a brunch run at 3D2, we both had a blast! We over flew 2P2 and several lighthouse on the way home, we weren't in Ks anymore!

Thanks for the nice writeup! I grew up in Door County... it is quite an awesome little place! It's fun to read about it from a tourist's point of view.

The funny part is, we tended to avoid Ephraim, Sister Bay, and all those touristy spots in the summer time because there were too many people. Just like the Oshkosh locals who skip town for "1 big week" per year! They just don't understand what they're missing out on!! :p

I had a delay between reading the write up and getting a chance to watch the video. It was worth the wait for "oh no" moment! The realities of flying with little ones. I was tense - thinking about that beautiful interior.

You seemed to put a lot of time into the video - thanks for letting us come along for the ride. Very good quality.

Nice

Always fun seeing nice airplanes and people using them for great times.
Keep enjoying it. Nice vid.

Priceless look on big announcement

Ed,

It's a priceless look on mom's face when the little EJ made the big announcement! I'm yet to watch the full video...I'm at 11 sec now. Not having watched it fully, I don't know if the 'look' was about "howz EJ going to take it" versus "how do we minimize the damage to the interior of the plane"...priceless!!

vj

Another great trip video

Thanks so much for posting. I am really yearning to finish my 10, so I can do the same types of trips with my family. Looking forward to seeing you all in Oshkosh again this year. EJ's getting big!

Back