What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

New to us RV-8

traynhr

Well, my son and I jumped out and bought a beautiful RV8 in Canada. As of yesterday, we now have U.S. registered airplane AND a fresh Airworthiness Certificate. We recently trained with Kent Gorton at Mallard's landing and had a great experience. Just waiting on the rain to stop now so we can fly it!

Well, my son and I jumped out and bought a beautiful RV8 in Canada. As of yesterday, we now have U.S. registered airplane AND a fresh Airworthiness Certificate. We recently trained with Kent Gorton at Mallard's landing and had a great experience. Just waiting on the rain to stop now so we can fly it!

Say hello to Kent Gorton.

He is one fine aviator, flew with him some years ago when he lived in Missouri.

Congratulations Rob! Let me guess you bought this one? :D

Need somewhere to go? Then ....

Hop on over to KCUB so we can see it!!!! :)

Congrats!

James

3.4 hours today and 21 landings! Absolutely one of the nicest flying airplanes ever. Ken's workmanship is just unbelievable.

Tomorrow, my son has his day with this incredible airplane.

LOL...Thank you for the kind words ! I am glad that you are enjoying it :)

Only 21 landings in 3.4 hours?????? Ok we have to work on that...i could get one every 4 minutes (or less) in the Pitts....lol

Any questions, please call.

Cheers !

Just a quick update. We took the RV8 to Sun n Fun and it was awarded Outstanding Aircraft - Homebuilt! This is a testament to Ken's talent as a builder. We are just beginning to explore the airplanes aerobatic capabilities. What a joy! This has to be one of our favorite airplanes ever!

Back