What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Fired the 20,000th rivet !

704CH

Well Known Member
Bekah and I finished riveting the last skin on Saturday. What a great feeling to have the riveting behind us! :)

Now on to the weigh in, running fuel through the system, doing some FAA paperwork and a few other odds and ends, then seeing if the noisy thing on the front works !

Heading down to Mike Seagar in Mid March for Transition Training..

You can see current status at my blog below:

www.704ch.com

Last edited:
can't wait...

for the admission that there was 'one more' rivet that had to be done that was overlooked. fairings on? everything done FWF? Wheel pants? headset hanger? cowl hinge pin covers?
All it takes is a plate nut somewhere, and WOOSH! your declaration is out the window.:rolleyes:

BTW, was it really 20,000? I've heard claims in the 16,000 range. always wondered what the real number was, just not very much.

Congrats

Chad,
I too am getting close but seems like I turn around and find something else to be completed.

When I get back from Costa Rica... It will be engine time... Perhaps the light at the end of the tunnel will get a whole lot brighter.
Jack
Congrats again
Smilin Jack

Good Job Chad and Bekah

Congrats. I've followed your progress and it's great to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Back