What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

An Expensive Flight!

RonH

Just wanted to say thanks to Dave (mtnflyer) for the intro to RV's today. What a phenomenal aircraft! Only downside, I fear, is that the bank account is going to have a hurtin' put on it. Now, if I could only hit the Powerball, it would make this sooooo much easier! :D:D

Congrats Ron. When you need a refresher or more motivation, let me know. I'm in the VAF white pages. As a trade off, I may need to land Summerland to visit my friend on No Name Key :D

Dave got me too!!

This Dave (mtflyer) character got me also. I was just standing there minding my own business, sloow building an RV7A and happily flying my Grumman Tiger when he says "meet me Saturday morning and we will go for a ride $$".

I got interested in flying and experimentals about 3 years ago. I drove to Oshkosh, parked my car and immediately went over to Van's both to get signed up for a introductory flight and got "sorry buddy we are booked up through the end of the show". Rats !! That's ok I will buy a tail kit anyway, 6 or 7 thousand guys can't be wrong. In the meantime I guess I should learn how to fly. 1 year later I was flying my PPL Examiner (along with the surprise ride along by the FAA examiner examiner). Two months later I'm flying my new to me Grumman Traveler. "The I'm just going to fly this until I need my engine and avionics Grumman" So that summer I fly my Traveler to Oshkosh, land and immediately hotfoot it over Vans Booth and "sorry buddy we are booked up through the end of the show" Rats!!! That's ok, life is so great right now, who cares. Jump ahead 1 year later, I am flying my new to me Grumman Tiger with my best friend to Oshkosh, land and with my confused buddy in tow, peddle over to Vans Booth. "Sorry buddy we are booked up through the end of the show" Rats!!!! Oh well, life still doesn't get much better than this. In the mean time I'm not making very much progress on the tail kit I bought 3 years ago. I work 2 jobs and have a lot of extracurricular activities going on.

Back to "That Dave character", Come on, lets go for a ride! We hopped in Dave's beautiful and fast RV7A and went for a great little cruise up to Greeley for lunch, did I mention it was fast. The RV7A was everything I expected it to be, I really didn't even need a ride in one as it was just as it was supposed to be, maybe a little faster. Great trip!! Then Dave says, "you know, I do have my old RV6 for sale" RATS!!!!! I really love my new to me RV6, Thanks Dave!!!

Life is good,
Brian Scollon
RV6 (built by That Dave Character)

Back